What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Black F430 Spider F1 black leather

If you are thinking of this car/colour - pm me as I am going to sell in Summer after a makeover to what is already an awesome car with massive spec and history.

More info on request but please be serious as this car will sell and you will be hard pressed to find a better specification for a black/black car. If you want red or yellow or manual it's not for you.

Will sell in August.

USA style wheel gaps….

Looks great John but what is the up with the US style wheel arch gap?

the car has original wheels and tyres and no changes to the suspension. So they all look like that unless the owner has lowered the car. I’ve resisted as my experience with modifications and insurance has always been challenging and the cost is probably several thousand. That’s all before rode quality changes and handling.

that said it would probably look awesome with bigger wheels lower suspension etc. but the new owner can do that if they want.

To me the car is a good example but just too 'black'. Personally I'd have the wheels refinished and I wonder if this could put other's off? Good luck with the sale though, I know you've had the car for some time.

the car has original wheels and tyres and no changes to the suspension. So they all look like that unless the owner has lowered the car. I’ve resisted as my experience with modifications and insurance has always been challenging and the cost is probably several thousand. That’s all before rode quality changes and handling.

that said it would probably look awesome with bigger wheels lower suspension etc. but the new owner can do that if they want.
Correct. That's how mine was delivered new too. Great for ground clearance

Too black....

To me the car is a good example but just too 'black'. Personally I'd have the wheels refinished and I wonder if this could put other's off? Good luck with the sale though, I know you've had the car for some time.

It's all personal preference isn't it? There are quite a few black cars with black wheels and to be honest when I first had them done (as the silver was all flaking off) it changed to overall look of the car a huge amount. I thought it looked great with the yellow callipers and big CC brake discs.

Hi John. Yes it is just personal preference, absolutely. It wouldn't put me off buying as I could simply have them refinished but my point is it looks a little (to me at least, forgive the expression!) a bit... Slough Massiv bruv. It looks like loads of cars around me, just lacking tinted number plates and the smell of weed. Even the lovely carbon rear panel which I think is the greatest F430 (visual) option gets lost a little in the ocean of black.
Again, please don't take that as a criticism of the car or your choice, it's just food for thought. I mean well but it's difficult to type without sounding too negative! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It's all subjective. Some may think it looks more modern now, than with silver wheels. Black wheels seem to be in fashion at the moment.

Good luck with the sale.

yes indeed they are all on stilts on Pistonheads, and need lowering, first thing I did with mine in 2008, frankly I just dont get it, F430's aren't selling but you cannot buy a better convertible 500 bhp sportscar for 90k, but nobody seems to want them

No-one wants them.....

yes indeed they are all on stilts on Pistonheads, and need lowering, first thing I did with mine in 2008, frankly I just dont get it, F430's aren't selling but you cannot buy a better convertible 500 bhp sportscar for 90k, but nobody seems to want them

Yes it's odd isn't it. When I look at the crazy asking prices for some older Porsches and Ferrari models - makes no sense. The F430 IMHO is an epic car and affordable when compared to the 458 and 488.

I suppose it's a waiting game. Someone will want it eventually. And if painting the wheels silver is the deal breaker, I will throw in a re-paint.

Otherwise, if you want a black car with a great spec then this is it.

Does seem to be a waiting game. Challenge is there are 10 black 430s for sale at the moment; admittedly most dont have carbon brakes, and the odd v low mileage one.

what i noticed selling my 348 is it was super price sensitive; people just wont phone if they think its even a few k too much; they just dont seem to want to haggle; obvious exceptions who low balled thinking I would give it away!!

spring will undoubtedly be a different matter; and as you say, just need to wait for the right buyer. (im very patiently waiting for a blue, crema, racing seats with carbon brakes 430 spider to come along, might be some wait but im in no rush)

In period cars came with a number of different settings for the suspension. Springs were also coded by colour codes to match spring rates. Here in Italy 🇮🇹 the rural roads around Maranello and pretty much throughout the country need cars to be set-up with lots of suspension travel. Seek out the F430 tests and laps for top gear when they sent a whole crew to fine tune the car for the lap time. See the amount of travel and pitch for and after the car has. Very lotus like set up.