What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Brands Hatch - 3rd November 2011 - supporting the RMCTF

Malc.... talk is of June / July for next year. :cry3: Pity, I love driving in the rain.... levels the playing field, unless bloody Neil (the Rainmiester) Tiganut is behind you, briefly .... :cry: :grin:

the final 80 track photos are now uploading just have the grid photos and a few others to edit then i will start processing requests

the final 80 track photos are now uploading just have the grid photos and a few others to edit then i will start processing requests

Nick,

What focal length and speed of lens did you use please? What kind of shutter speed range did you use?

Just asking because the pictures are excellent, and better than anything I've managed to shoot in the past. I've tended to use an f4-f5.6 100-400 zoom on a crop sensor.

Awesome pics :)

Jas

Malc.... talk is of June / July for next year. :cry3: Pity, I love driving in the rain.... levels the playing field, unless bloody Neil (the Rainmiester) Tiganut is behind you, briefly .... :cry: :grin:
Damp track is a great leveller of cars:thumbsup:I was most impressed by the standard of driving this time,no damage that I heard of & no stoppages:thumbsup:
Summer would give more track time,& therefor allow for a lot more rides.

i still wouldnt object to a bit of rain though:wink3:

cheers Jas

i went a bit unprepaired this year as my useual 150-500 lens was MIA so was useing the std kit lens which is 18-105 also on a crop sensor nikon d300.

So for instance this shot below

6316342602_cd86a996bf_b.jpg

The exif data is
Exposure 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture f/6.3
Focal Length 75 mm
ISO Speed 200
Exposure Bias +1/3 EV

if you see any shots you like on my flickr and want to know the settings to the right of the image above the map it says when the photo was taken and what with in this case nikon d300 click on that and it will bring up all the information relating to that shot.

all i have done in post is boost the contrast a fraction or on the enzo pics removing the gopro from the roof :)

Nick

Damp track is a great leveller of cars:thumbsup:I was most impressed by the standard of driving this time,no damage that I heard of & no stoppages:thumbsup:

i still wouldnt object to a bit of rain though:wink3:
Yup, great standard of driving. Only three low speed spins at Druids and one at Clearways from the Benetton. :grin: (told John he should have let me drive). :wink3:

Good point about more light / more rides. :hmmm:

I need to start a feedback thread soon. Last year the main suggestion that was flagged was seperate sessions for road & track cars, which we put in place for this year and it worked very well. :thumbsup:

cheers Jas

i went a bit unprepaired this year as my useual 150-500 lens was MIA so was useing the std kit lens which is 18-105 also on a crop sensor nikon d300.

Thanks Nick :thumbsup:

Only a 18-105 kit lens :shocked: Just goes to prove that old adage about the skill of the photographer being paramount, and not his kit :thumbsup:

Based on that, I suspect I'd be better using a 70-200 rather than a 100-400, so long as I can shoot from the trackside :)

Damp track is a great leveller of cars:thumbsup:

Summer would be perfect, and maximise rides and passenger thrills :thumbsup:

I really struggled putting the power down, especially at clearways where I had a few twitchy moments :cry: You're right that the wet conditions were a great leveller of vehicles.

Looking at my in-car Smartycam footage at the weekend, and related AIM dash data, I barely exceeded 6000 rpm at any time, and didn't use full throttle much. I mostly stayed in high gears too, using 4th and 5th almost the whole time. Lateral G force was very low too, indicating low cornering grip.

A wet track with light weight, cut slicks, mid engine, high power and no electronic aids do not happy bedfellows make :shocked:

70-200 is on my most wanted list as i have daqbbled with a them a few times and they are by far the best lens for track work

70-200 is on my most wanted list as i have daqbbled with a them a few times and they are by far the best lens for track work

Nikon 70-200 is a cracking lens Nick, well worth the wonga. As an aside, if you can live without VR, the AFS or AFD 80-200 is damned near as good for about half the price.

Nikon 70-200 is a cracking lens Nick, well worth the wonga. As an aside, if you can live without VR, the AFS or AFD 80-200 is damned near as good for about half the price.

70-200 2.8 Sigma is a nice lens too :thumbsup:

Sorry have I missed something - how do we buy the hi-res pictures?

as they say in post 196 but bassicaly ping me an email with reg and car details if you could then make a direct donation to the RMCTF and il email you your requested photos

Nick

No real feedback other to say it was an excellent day. Organization definitely much better this year than last and driving by all was excellent. Only request would be a cooler filled with bottled water for the drivers.

If invited back, I would definitely do it again.
:thumbsup:

Letter received today from the RMCTF. :thumbsup:

This is of course for the drivers and volunteers on the day but also the wider membership and sponsors who's support has meant we were able to again provide much needed funds to an organisation that helps a group of people we have the utmost respect for.

Thank you, everyone. :dude:

Attachments

• RMCTF letter 2011.jpg
    RMCTF letter 2011.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 94