What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

California dimensions and running costs

RayM

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum so please be gentle :)

I'm seriously looking to scratch my Ferrari itch and take the plunge with a 2008/2009 California. All the information I can find on the web quotes the width of 1910mm excluding mirrors, but I would like to know the width including mirrors to check that I can actually get one through my garage door opening?

I currently run a 2009 911 which although not cheap to run, is i imagine somewhat less expensive than the California.

If someone could give me a rough idea on routine servicing costs I would appreciate it. It will only be my weekend toy so only 2-3K per year I expect (one service per year)

I have what I believe to be a well respected Indy close to me in Bob Houghton in the Cotswold's so will probably go there. I am assuming that the running costs will not be to prohibitive with the more conventional engine and drive layout (no engine out to change belts as with the mid engine varieties I assume)

All help and advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Hi Guys

I'm new to the forum so please be gentle :)

I'm seriously looking to scratch my Ferrari itch and take the plunge with a 2008/2009 California. All the information I can find on the web quotes the width of 1910mm excluding mirrors, but I would like to know the width including mirrors to check that I can actually get one through my garage door opening?

I currently run a 2009 911 which although not cheap to run, is i imagine somewhat less expensive than the California.

If someone could give me a rough idea on routine servicing costs I would appreciate it. It will only be my weekend toy so only 2-3K per year I expect (one service per year)

I have what I believe to be a well respected Indy close to me in Bob Houghton in the Cotswold's so will probably go there. I am assuming that the running costs will not be to prohibitive with the more conventional engine and drive layout (no engine out to change belts as with the mid engine varieties I assume)

All help and advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Did you get a response on this? As you’re based in Cheltenham it would be good to know. I’m in an AONB in Gloucester and am limited on my garage space. The new garage is in the planning phase so the dimensions of a Cali would be great. Thanks in advance

Ok, this wasn't exactly a mm perfect measurement of our car but I make it about 2125mm with the mirrors in their normal position. This was measuring the internal width of our garage minus the space form each mirror to the walls. It won't be spot on but our garage inside is nice and square so it should be close (2010 Cali).