What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Club Scud Welsh Weekender IV - May 2019

Welsh Weekender

Janet and I want to thank everyone!

Best weekend since last year, driving great fun !!

Scenery the best in the world especially the extra bit at the end !!!!!!

Great company and organisation..

Sorry to the Pheasant and glad we found Roy - again ha ha !!

Some superb pics there Ian, thanks for posting them.... :thumbsup::dude::thumbsup:

Just to join in the chorus of appreciation, cracking photos, thanks very much for posting.
I’ll be in touch about any vid as for some of it I would have been in front of you [emoji1303]
Thanks again, Giles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janet and I want to thank everyone!

Best weekend since last year, driving great fun !!

Scenery the best in the world especially the extra bit at the end !!!!!!

Great company and organisation..

Sorry to the Pheasant and glad we found Roy - again ha ha !!

Hi Bruce,
Good to see you on the M40 after taking different routes, just by way of an explanation of the slow progress in lane one, fuel gauge was flashing and I was in super econo-drive!
Just for everyone with a 360, 20 miles done with fuel gauge flashing and I still only managed to put 75 litres in the 95 litre tank!
Cheers, Giles

Evening all :Hi:

Thanks for a great weekend and thanks to Mike for all his planning & organising. The routes, scenery & weather were fantastic along with all the horses & riders. Thanks to penis breath (DaveZ) for the invite too :grin::thumbsup:

Just had a quick sort through my pics and here's a few of my favourites...seems to be more scenery than cars though :coat:

Until next time :drive:

Brilliant pictures.:dude:

Hi Bruce,
Good to see you on the M40 after taking different routes, just by way of an explanation of the slow progress in lane one, fuel gauge was flashing and I was in super econo-drive!
Just for everyone with a 360, 20 miles done with fuel gauge flashing and I still only managed to put 75 litres in the 95 litre tank!
Cheers, Giles

Giles we thought you were asleep haha, we got back to sunny Essex at about 7.40pm. Ferrari electronics have not improved much tbh

Some great pics Mike....:dude:

Ian’s sent me his hi res (or is it hi tea) pics including the drone pics around the castle and the lake and I’ve added them to the Dropbox folder you all already have the link to.....:thumbsup:

Just to repeat - big thank you to all those involved in planning and executing the drive and accommodation - very well organised :)

Well I really didn't think I would make this weekend - after nearly 2-1/2 years off the road I'd been getting up around 5.30am to work on the car to get it ready in time. I only finished "fixing" it 20 mins before my MOT on Thursday and thankfully passed with 2 minor advisories.

Was still fixing it Friday morning due to a small oil weep from my oil tank pipe before setting off having only done approx 10 miles before the "mother of all shakedowns"! LOL

Arrived Friday night and took a photo of the staggering view from the drive.

View attachment 154455

Just checking everything is still there - as it happened I'd forgotten to tighten up my 4 exhaust clamps properly and lost on eof the nuts next day Also, I'd not tightened up the RH side main bumper mount which led to an annoying rattle which I managed to convince myself was the suspension - DOH!

View attachment 154456

On one of the rare occasions I wasn't at the back

View attachment 154458

On the rest of the occasions I was at the back

View attachment 154459

Tunnel blast....

View attachment 154461

View attachment 154462

Was really struggling to keep up with you guys on Sat and it really brought it home to me how these cars have really come on so decided to go our own way Sunday and take our time getting home.

Since I never got to finish my chip barm the day before the plan was to return to Conwy and have lunch there - although we ended up having Beef and Yorky pud in the Castle Hotel which I recommend :)

Same car park but less salubrious company!

View attachment 154457

View attachment 154460

When Dave posted up his pics I was horrified to see how dirty my backside was!!! :-(

View attachment 154463

Now clean as a ......Ferrari's bum :) CS sticker is staying until I get bumper fixed LOL

View attachment 154464

“Was really struggling to keep up with you guys on Sat”

It was interesting to see the difference between 300hp and 600hp! Some twisty single track I could keep up with the newer cars; occasionally it seemed I could push harder than they could; but only occasionally and only just:grin: (Maybe they were just going slow to make me feel better). But open long sweeping roads...all of a sudden the horizon was empty and they were seriously long gone :laugh:

Glad you found your own pace and enjoyed the stunning location :thumbsup:

If you still need a look at the engine bay etc let me know; we could probably meet up as your not too far away else I’m happy I take pics of anything you need.