What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Convoy(s) to Supercar Event at Dunsfold

AndrewE

Any one up for the usual meet at Clackets 7.00 for 7.15 leave to get to Dunsfold for the Supercar Event?

Other stops can be added but I'll start the Clackets list

Clackets 7.00 for 7.15 leave
1. AndrewE SAT and SUN

Last edited:
I have the dreaded slow down light winking at me and haven't managed to fix it this week. :( Sorry won't see you there. Weather looks good and hope everyone including the drivers come away happy.

Andrew,

Me, Arsetto Corsa and Ruebdo (if he can get his arse out of bed!) are meeting M25 J9 at 7.15. If you want we could wait and join you when you come by? Call when you leave Clacketts (if you've still got mine or Pauls number!). :thumbsup:

Great day today and hopefully lots of money raised?

Good to see the usual suspects - Andrew, Mark, Bungle, Simes, Bruce, JRS, BAV, Bachi, Doug etc.

Apologies for baling at about 4 - but out of fuel and tyres had had enough

BTW - Still got a hat that the other F-Type owner lent me (also a 612 owner). PM me your address and i'll return

Very sunburnt today :)

Jason

Good to see you too and all the others, great to see Amelia and your Daughter too, your F type is very impressive :thumbsup:

what a brilliant weekend, I'm in love with the La Ferrari :love:

Jason

your F type is very impressive :thumbsup:

First time i've really given it some proper exercise and it really holds it's own against some modern exotica - Gallardo's etc :dude:

Being used to relative "lightweights" ala CS, 997RS, Exige, the proper use of weight transfer in the braking zones in a relatively weighty GT car is something i'm still getting used to again.

Your 599 / your driving was looking fairly handy today:dude: and i very much doubt i could have trailed you :)

First time i've really given it some proper exercise and it really holds it's own against some modern exotica - Gallardo's etc :dude:

Being used to relative "lightweights" ala CS, 997RS, Exige, the proper use of weight transfer in the braking zones in a relatively weighty GT car is something i'm still getting used to again.

Your 599 / your driving was looking fairly handy today:dude: and i very much doubt i could have trailed you :)

I was having fun :thumbsup: , pic I took

Attachments

• D7K_4485.jpg
    D7K_4485.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 156
First year I've done this, and enjoyed it a lot. First time I've been on a track too, and my 360 impressed me very much - great fun.

I was tentative about doing the Sunday - but the passengers really made it worthwhile. I was thanked many times by adults for providing the car, and the kids were great. Funniest of the day was a young kid who only looked about 6! While we were waiting to go, he told me cars scare him and he didn't want to go fast.

"Will I get thrown about in the car"?
- That depends how fast we go - do you want to be thrown about?
"No. Will I be pushed back in the seat"?
- That depends on how fast we go - do you want to be pushed back in the seat?
"No - maybe just a little bit"

OK, so I set off much slower than usual - not full on acceleration. We went through the chicane, and he immediately said : "I don't know what I was scared of, this is brilliant - you can go faster!" :grin:

I think the memories will stay with them for a long time - think there were definitely some youngsters who have supercars in their plans later in life!