What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Dads Day Out Update 2012

Yes..... A great day. A big thank you to the marshals and especially the organisers. Thoroughly enjoyed tge day and was great to stretch the 430's legs.

Great fun - good to see everyone.

I made sure to blag a ride in Gavin's(?) 275 GTBC. Fabulous car and fabulous sound from inside the cockpit, Ranks in my list of top Ferrari rides and will be long remembered. Wonderful.

Does the soul good to see so many members of CS and others giving such pleasure to so many while raising much needed money for the Childrens Trust. Well done to all.

Very very good day - was nice to toast the Lambos and the Fezzas except Doug in the 599 GTO:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brilliant day, just doing pics, didn't see Bruce on track, he was probably going so slow I thought he was a cone :)

Thank you to everyone who was involved today, drivers, marshalls and volunteers. Long day, but we done very well! Big pat on the back

Excellent day Pete, Bachi, Rich, Kat and everyone who organised and helped with this event.

Some really exotic machinery on show today and real credit deserved not only for digging them out the garage, but really pushing them round a track.

I was really surprised just how far some people had travelled especially to get a ride. (e.g. Liverpool!)

It felt a bit dubious in the early am, with a slow start to the rides, a glutton of cars, and a track change to learn, but it really picked up and was virtually non-stop in the pm.

Also very enlightening from Bav and Mark especially, showing just how quick a MP12 and a 599 can accelerate out of corners from 50 to 100ish.

I've never worked out the mpg on 355 before today - just over 12 for the day. Someone with V12 work out yours and make me feel fortunate.

I did let Rich know; I'm encountering some technical challenges at work meaning I may have to cry-off tomorrow, or at least part of it. (and no I don't work for NatWest)

Last edited:
Excellent day Pete, Bachi, Rich, Kat and everyone who organised and helped with this event.

Some really exotic machinery on show today and real credit deserved not only for digging them out the garage, but really pushing them round a track.

I was really surprised just how far some people had travelled especially to get a ride.

It felt a bit dubious in the early am, with a slow start to the rides, a glutton of cars, and a track change to learn, but it really picked up and was virtually non-stop in the pm.

Agree with that - never got to speak to Gavin with his 275 but great to see him out giving rides in the rain along with all the others. Francis we are now jealous!

Good job all - drivers, marshalls and helpers :thumbsup:

Doing it all again tomorrow - 6.40 at Clacket's again anyone?:shocked:

Last edited:
What a great weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks to Doug for a ride in the GTO and also whoever gave me a go in the CS just before the lunch break, sorry I didn't catch your name :thumbsup:

Thanks also to Andrew for the sun screen but I think I had left it a bit late at that point :laugh: