What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Dunsfold Supercar Funday 2011 (aka Dads Day Out).

cars

well it was really impressive to see all those cars going onto the track.....but i have to say the Gallardo's really did look quite impressive......i might well go for one of those next :shocked:

Just noticed that Andy (Moc) had posted on the feedback thread so it reminded me to post this:

Enormous respect to Andy for what efforts he made to support the event.

He lives in the frozen north (West Yorkshire to be accurate) and brought the whole family down to Dunsfold on Friday.

He trailerd his Strad to the hotel and it took him 6.5 hours! :shocked: Hopefully it was slightly quicker getting back, but I doubt by much. :cry3:

With hotel, fuel & grub.....I hate to think what the weekend away to support the event cost him but he is without doubt one of my heroes of the event. It's the 2nd time he's done this too.

Myself, Pete, Bachi & Ruth were deeply impressed. :worthy

(counter this with a post by someone else on another forum who said..."didn't come because the M25 can be a bit tedious") :laugh:

Last edited:
Just noticed that Andy (Moc) had posted on the feedback thread so it reminded me to post this:

Enormous respect to Andy for what efforts he made to support the event.

He lives in the frozen north (West Yorkshire to be accurate) and brought the whole family down to Dunsfold on Friday.

He trailerd his Strad to the hotel and it took him 6.5 hours! :shocked: Hopefully it was slightly quicker getting back, but I doubt by much. :cry3:

With hotel, fuel & grub.....I hate to think what the weekend away to support the event cost him but he is without doubt one of my heroes of the event. It's the 2nd time he's done this too.

Myself, Pete, Bachi & Ruth were deeply impressed. :worthy

(counter this with a post by someone else on another forum who said..."didn't come because the M25 can be a bit tedious") :laugh:

Seconded. Amazing :dude: :dude: :dude: :dude:

Dear friends,

No doubt you have been wondering what the fantastic efforts of the drivers, volunteers and all of you who came along to support The Children's Trust have achieved at Dad's Day Out, The Supercar Family Funday 2011. As most of you know, in 2009 you raised £32,000 and in 2010 the total was £65,000.

This year we have taken in excess of.....

£100,000!!!!

In all our wildest dreams we could not have not imagined such a massive amount raised in one day.

This sum will make a huge difference to all the Children who rely on the Trust and all the vital work they perform on a daily basis.

A few other interesting stats, we had around 7,000 visitors, there were around 300 caterham rides, 1175 supercar rides and a host of hovercraft and helicopter rides too.

Our sincere thanks go out to each and every one of you who took part in the event.

Many many thanks and we hope to see you all again next year,

Rich, Bachi & Pete."

SUPERB

That is simply fantastic - lump in the throat here don't mind admitting !

Rich :dude::thumbsup:

Pete :dude::thumbsup:

Bachi :dude::thumbsup:

And all the other volunteers - you must all be so proud :thumbsup:

Congratulations guys. Your hard work, preparation and event planning have paid off, big time. A massive contribution to a very worthy and needy cause. :winner: :winner: