What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

F40 LM Restoration

Well Topaz have got carried away whilst I have been away! Back with Mototechnique next week, a final few tweets and then off to Spain. Bit worried it looks almost too goood for the track.....

Attachments

• IMG_7612.jpg
    IMG_7612.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_7608.jpg
    IMG_7608.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_7607.jpg
    IMG_7607.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_7609.jpg
    IMG_7609.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 250
A few more now that Topaz have finished with her

Attachments

• IMG_7663.JPG
    IMG_7663.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_7652.JPG
    IMG_7652.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_7668.JPG
    IMG_7668.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_7653.JPG
    IMG_7653.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_7665.JPG
    IMG_7665.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_7655.JPG
    IMG_7655.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 221
I saw your car at the last Racing Days event at Silverstone. It was an awesome sight, a real star of the day. Now though, surely it's too nice to drive?!

I saw your car at the last Racing Days event at Silverstone. It was an awesome sight, a real star of the day. Now though, surely it's too nice to drive?!

That's the issue and I have been pondering it deeply and come to a conclusion. It may not be financially the sensible option, but how many people get to drive one of these on a track in relative anger? I could probably sell it well and always be wondering how would it have felt and what an other worldly privilege, something I never dreamed I'd ever achieve when my wall was covered in Ferrari posters as a kid. Also, I would love to get some good video.

She goes to Ascari in April and then maybe after a year or so of thrills, back to Mototechnique and Topaz to return her to this state........

Just wonderfull.

What about 'THE' Maranello in sept for the 70th celebrations, Will the car be there or racing days at silverstone?

Neither I'm afraid. The only thing that might make me change my mind is if I was asked to bring her to Goodwood, might, otherwise she will live on track in Spain most of this year, so finally I get to drive in relative anger. And angst!

The car is looking great and is a credit to all those involved.

Personally, I'd rather see some stone chips and road rash than paint protection updates but that's just me.

Presently it is probably one of the very finest F40s on the planet. Well done to all concerned.