What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari 308 Project Rebuild and Euro Conversion

New battery acquired this morning.

No idea when the car last ran so its likely I will need to flush out the fuel system. I had the same with my Testarossa and eventually with the help of some RedEx it recovered itself and sounds perfect now.

Scott - Have you taken the fuel lines off the top of the metering head and measured the flow through the head? You might need to start further back than the injectors. They are also quite simple to rebuild with a little patience.

I also replaced all the flexi pipes as both these and the rigid pipes were pretty gummed up! They are also notorious for splitting!

DSC00511.jpg

I would start looking at the valvetrain on the affected bank; It would be very unusual to have a bore issue on all four cyls leading to the same compression figures.

tempted to suggest a cam timing/ belt issue, maybe it slipped some teeth that's taken the valves out

Caught up tonight and enjoyed the vids to date.

i must say I admire your commitment working on a narrow drive in winter with no weather protection or light. I’ll not complain about my narrow garage again :thumbsup:

I’d echo the other comments about a possible valve timing issue......

Keep the updates coming......