What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari F360 ASR cuts off engine (software)

HomersHK

Got a F360 Spider 2001. Been having issues with my ASR suddenly cutting off engine power allowing around 1300-1500RPM only, even when pressing the accelerator. It's a software cut-off. My garage thinks it's related to sensors that need replacing. I've had the issue 4 times now (over about 6000km within 8 months). Usually happens in a traffic jam with the car overheating. Need to switch off the engine, wait for 10 sec, turn it on again and the problem is gone.
Any suggestions? See a short video attached.

Notorious for being a bad battery causing this.

Is the car left on a battery conditioner?

How old is the battery?

Battery tenders can mask a basically dead battery

Other items in order of likelihood:

ABS / ASR electronics
ABS/ ASR Pump
Slip / motion sensor gone bad - Integrated into the wheel hubs
[These are three black boxes one is under the left engine bay cover, one is in front of the windscreen under the cover panel near the master on/off switch. The last is under the front bumper. All three are bolted onto the chassis.]

I would pay / ask for a full system scan to narrow it down before spending lots of money on each item.

I’d add bad earthing also.

I used to see an ASR light sporadically when there was no slip.

I cleaned the under bonnet power cut off switch connections and where they bond to the chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F360 sudden ASR cut-off (but engine keeps running at about 1200rpm)

Hello Modificato;
Appreciate your input, thx

- battery is almost new (about 4 months)
- car is now at the garage; clean bill of health. No issues came up with the scan (as in, nothing no other problems either). They recommend cleaning the sensors and doing a reset. I've forwarded them your recommendations.

Lets see

Hee guys.
still having my Ferrari 360 spider ASR cut-off issue.
Has happened maybe once per 3000km so it's wasn't a huge issue but yesterday it was quite alarming.
Previously ASR would kick in cutting the engine revs to about 1800 at most, when the engine overheated eg in stop and go traffic. Annoying but manageable.
However, yesterday I downshifted from 3rd to 2nd gear to overtake a car and BOOM, ASR kicked in (cutting rpm to about 1800) forcing an emergency stop on a dangerous spot.
The engine was warm/hot, nothing special. Good grip, smooth downshift.
When turning the engine off and on the problem resolved itself. My garage just finished the MOT having cleaned all sensors, while not finding anything irregular.

Suggestions are appreciated.