What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari vs. Aston Martin: Truly Competitors?

Slightly longer reply - As your article shows they are on totally different levels in terms of financial success but also I don't really think they are direct competitors in terms of the product. I just don't think anyone would go out shopping for a new car and not be sure if they're going to come home with a Ferrari or an Aston Martin. As such I don't think they're in competition for the same customers.

Slightly longer reply - As your article shows they are on totally different levels in terms of financial success but also I don't really think they are direct competitors in terms of the product. I just don't think anyone would go out shopping for a new car and not be sure if they're going to come home with a Ferrari or an Aston Martin. As such I don't think they're in competition for the same customers.

From an Aston POV, they do think they are competing for the 812 customer with the DBS and the DB12 vs. the Roma. Not sure I agree but.....

From an Aston POV, they do think they are competing for the 812 customer with the DBS and the DB12 vs. the Roma. Not sure I agree but.....
If they are then they're arguably not doing it well. I don't necessarily mean the product, personally I quite like Astons. But there's a marked difference between actually competing with and aspiring to compete with.

This is the thing, isn't it? You're not buying any of these cars with your head - it's an emotional, irrational purchase and I would tend to think that you've already decided what you want before you set foot in the showroom.

Great analysis as always - it's interesting to see that despite the very positive press reaction to the DB12, it's not translated into actual sales/orders

The old Vanquish (2013 version) was a fantastic car, full carbon body and lovely V12. Ran the F12 very close and nowadays they are half the price of an F12.

The old Vanquish (2013 version) was a fantastic car, full carbon body and lovely V12. Ran the F12 very close and nowadays they are half the price of an F12.

Of the last generation Vanquish, I believe the 2015-2016 is the one to buy as it has the 8 speed gearbox.

I'm with this. I pass Maranello in Egham quite often and it always make me want to stop. I walked past an AM main dealer two weeks ago and the nicer cars present were trying too hard to be as aggressive as possible. Sadly though there were too few nice cars, it was mostly full SUV's. Such a shame, more Chelsea mum than James Bond.

Its also image. I like the vantage, have been tempted a few times; but like anything from range rover, coming to a council estate near you soon!

all the am cars since the vantage look pretty much the same, do i want to be seen driving what wayne and chardonnay are driving? you can definitely see the suv there!! looks like a puma anyway.

Its also image. I like the vantage, have been tempted a few times; but like anything from range rover, coming to a council estate near you soon!

all the am cars since the vantage look pretty much the same, do i want to be seen driving what wayne and chardonnay are driving? you can definitely see the suv there!! looks like a puma anyway.
Yes agree, bazzed up DB7's can be seen on those street and the DB9 / Vantage are close behind. I've been tempted by the Vantage too, it's is a nicely designed and proportioned car and has aged well. But I tracked a 4.3 and it wasn't much fun to drive. I hear the 4.7 is the one to go for.

The newer Vantage just leaves me cold, none of the style and elegance of the 2005 designed car. And the DB11 / DB12 is much the same.

Ferrari's brand and product is much stronger and more desirable.

I don’t think they are really competitors.

I have had a couple of vantages (2008 and 2011 S) and they are great cars. They are beautiful, reliable, usable daily and I have really enjoyed them, but the v8 range Ferraris are in a different league in every way.

The vantage is a much more discreet, useable, sports car. Ferrari is a very much a Supercar.

I would say they are complimentary to each other, rather than competitors.