What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

For Sale: 1 of 7 remaining 1994 UK RHD 348 Spider in Rosso Crema (27K Miles, 2 Previous Owners, Current Owner 20yrs)

Ferrari 348.jpg1994 348 Spider, 27K Miles, 2 Previous Owners, Rosso Crema

Don't ask me for more information on here. It's killing me merely posting this, because many of you I've known (and counted upon) since I bought it. If someone seeing this is serious about wanting it, you'll already know what it's worth at auction or online etc., so if you email me, I'll assume you'll have a sensible valuation in mind. It's been SORN for about 18 months whilst I've been a volunteer paramedic in Ukraine. I recently had a heart attack on the job; they've carved me open and stitched me back up, but I've decided it's time to let someone else enjoy what I've swooned over since August 2004.

Seriously - don't f*** about. Life's too short, and I should know. Contact me and I'll give you all the information you need to help you decide. I'll help you get it pre-inspected, transported, whatever you'd like. Just please don't be silly because I feel like I'm selling my 1st born.

Grazie.

Just in case the link to the YouTube video (underneath the photo above) wasn't obvious:

If you want it in higher definition, just email per the video.

Again, my sincere thanks.

But be under no illusion about my motives. Which Brit wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to regularly upset the German autobahn police by thrashing the life out of ambulances with lights & sirens en route to Ukraine? 🤣

Just wanted to let you guys (and girls?) see the outcome of my decision to go with Trade Classics (below). I’ll feed back in 2 weeks’ time the outcome, but by way of reciprocal sharing of information, my initial impressions are these:

- unbelievably thorough in their inspection, validation and objectivity
- extremely knowledgeable about both the car and their expectations thereof
- reassuring in their approach by setting realistic expectations, hunger for owner input and generally just being very honest about the whole thing.

Of course it helps if you’re credible and can substantiate the provenance/care of the car, too, but I wasn’t expecting them to be as thoroug as they were.

Now that’s a double-edged sword, of course. If you’ve got something to hide, these guys will find it. But if you’re open and honest about things (as I was ref A/C and odd bits of cosmetic imperfections), I wasn’t remotely concerned that they’d turn against me. On the contrary, they reassured me that by hiding nothing, I was actually reducing the natural caution a Buyer (or indeed auctioneer) might have, and instead allowing their photographer and writer to focus on the positives, instead of searching for hidden flaws.

Anyway, short version is that it’s gone ‘live’ and I’m really glad I’ve used them. Their honesty and integrity speaks volumes for me, and if I’m going to ‘sell’ with a moral compass, I sure as s*** expect the broker (auctioneer) to do so.

I’ll keep you posted, because I know several of you will want to see how it pans out.