What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Hello Im New - South Bristol - Glastonbury

Hello Im Blake.
Im Starting my journey to buy my first Ferrari 360 or 430 - UK South West based.
This is my introduction ... and Im looking forward to connecting with some of you

Im could write more .. but I got told off at F-Chat for posting more about what Im seeking .. So dont want to fall afoul ..

Thanks Blake
Glastonbury - Near Bristol
South West England,

Think you'll be ok to expand on what you're looking for, Blake, we're generally a tad more chilled here. Several new members have been looking for and purchased 360s and 430s as well as several current and ex-owners of 360s and 430s on here. Hopefully they can give you some advice.

Welcome to CS :thumbsup:

Good to see you found CS :thumbsup: Defiantly less "sensitive" than our cousins on Fchat!!

Post up what you are after, links to cars you are looking at etc. People are pretty honest here. :laugh:

Best advise as you start your search will be to get out and see as many as you can. You will be amazed at how condition varies. And if you haven't yet, pop to the local indies and main dealers Carrs/DL and introduce yourself. A lot of cars are being sold by word of mouth at the moment, so not getting anywhere near being advertised. (See recent thread on similar search.)

Good luck in your search :thumbsup:

let us know what you are after as the body of knowledge on here is pretty good.

Note the F430 is really a development off the 360 (a pretty extensive one mind) but many of the underpinnings are common. One thing to bear in mind is the F430 was really the first V8 that could be massively different on MSRP as the options list was extensive. Depending on spec you can have a luxurious 'prestige' car with luggage for wafting around Europe for sauntering down to the local cars and coffee or a raw track / challenging road orientated ride. I see these two opposites like a 1litre sports bike vs, a 1litre supersports bike. Note this is without covering the Stradale / Scuderia options which are like the 360/430 RR versions.

It is for that reason that I see the F430 as the first time a used Ferrari price should not just be based on the age / miles & condition.

Not everyone sees it that way yet (especially dealers or owners who want top price for a basic car ;-) ) BUT it really is buyer beware because spec changes and mid-life updates can make a big difference in the car you get.

Ferrari did mid-life updates to both so make sure you understand what you are looking at and you can go into it with open eyes.

The best way to stay honest to yourself is mappings out your dream spec - understand its MSRP in period and then hold out until you get very close to what you want. If you compromise with lots of post purchase rationalisation you will likely only own the car for a short period or have the nagging feeling of "what I really wanted was...". This will only ratchet up when you go too a Ferrari gathering and start seeing options you had promised yourself.

Why not list your 'working spec' on here for both Tipo and solicit feedback on each option from owners?

That should give you a lot of good information:-

e.g. My car mid-life upgrade car.

F430 Coupe in Rosso - Black extended leather, Red Stitching, Red carpets, Red Harnesses, Fire extinguisher
Extensive Interior and Exterior Carbon options: Bucket Seats, Interior Trim, Brakes, Engine Bay, Front Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Airboxes
Optional Factory Sports Exhaust
Optional Onboard Telemetry
Challenge Wheels
Titanium Bolts, Fuel and Oil Caps

Last edited: