What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

My Mondial QV

I've heard that that the Carrs in Exeter know their way around the older machines and price competitively.

They certainly have a good reputation; I know John (occasionally kicking about on this forum) takes his 246 & 550 there and is very happy with the service he gets.

I had a quote for my service from them and it was reasonable. (I didn't go in the end as I was trying to tie it in with a trip etc and it just never worked logistically, although there price for collection/delivery was reasonable)

Well, the QV is at Carrs Ferrari in Exeter as I write: new battery, starter motor refurb, aircon compressor refurb, new receiver dryer, re-gas, sidelight fix and MOT! The car has never had an MOT advisory in its life so I hope its copy book isn't blotted under my stewardship...

Carrs Ferrari were great. Honourable tradition of No Advisories (Ever) maintained! Phew...

Well, a new job meant I brought the QV to London a month ago. Happily, we're currently living one street outside of the ULEZ and Congestion Charge zones!

But, one month in, and I've barely had time / impulse to use her. Too busy, professionally, and Marylebone Road just doesn't beckon in the same way as the roads of West Cornwall!

Frustrating, as I've spent a few thousand in the last couple of months at Ferrari Exeter on getting the AC compressor refurbished, new AC belts fitted, a re-gas, starter motor refurbished, new battery, etc. And she sailed through the MOT a few weeks ago with no advisories (she's never had any advisories!).

So, the lack of use, combined with the need to invest in another house shortly within (train) commuting distance, is prompting me to put her up for sale.

If you know of anyone looking for a very special QV - immaculate history and provenance, a genuine reference car, never restored or modified, looked after by Ferrari from 1984 to 1997 when John Pogson took over (until he sold her to me last year) - then drop me a message for more information.

View attachment 154782

View attachment 154783

View attachment 154784

View attachment 154785

View attachment 154786

Will be a fantastic buy for someone. Bet it’s a shame to see her go now you’ve got her sorted but good luck with the sale.

From experience chucking an asking price on often helps drum up interest :)

Looking for £45k. Given that it's probably one of the best, if not the best, QV's around.

Cool colour scheme, continuous service history from Day 1, totally original, running perfectly (including ice-cold AC!), with the Pogson set-up and provenance...

Looking for £45k. Given that it's probably one of the best, if not the best, QV's around.

Cool colour scheme, continuous service history from Day 1, totally original, running perfectly (including ice-cold AC!), with the Pogson set-up and provenance...

Certainly looks like a great car. Best of luck with it :)

The car is now booked into H.R. Owen Ferrari London for its annual service on 25th October.

So the next owner will have the confidence of a fresh, Ferrari service (c.£900) and a clean (no advisories) MOT through to August 2020.

Quick update: got the QV serviced at HR Owen Ferrari in London. They certainly look after you - Maserati courtesy car, etc. I passed on a couple of (to me) cheeky offers. So the car is in professional storage in Buckinghamshire. If she sells, fine; if not, roll on Spring - Bicester's April Scramble is pencilled in!