What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

New users post here.....

Hi There

Just about to take delivery of a 2000 - 456M GTA Tour de France Blue with Tan Hide and 10,700 miles on the clock, I will be putting it into storage during the winter and as this is my first proper / classic car, does anyone have any particular advice on the best way to prepare the car for storage, probably looking at 6 months initially, I have already found a company to store it for me.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Mike Finch

The biggest problem would be with your fuel. Try to avoid soring it with any ethanol in the fuel. depending on where you live it can be difficult to find pump fuel with no ethanol in it. I wont give you a science lesson but ethanol will want to eat your fuel system and its also very good at absorbing water. Its not put into aircraft fuel for a reason !!! you can google search to find which brands are ethanol free and pick one thats nearby. Assume the previous owner filled it up with supermarket ***** with 10% ethanol, so you will have to make sure you have used it all up :grin:

Esso states that their Synergy Supreme+ 99 is ethanol free.
Shell V-Power Unleaded may contain ethanol.

Both are 99 RON fuels but that is a different index.

G'day everyone, I have just signed up to this site after recently purchasing my first Ferrari. Looking forward to 2021 when we can hopefully get out on the road and start to enjoy a little more freedom. Be safe everyone. Nigel

Hi There,

I've just joined up and have recently bought a Ferrari 360 F1. It's my first Ferrari, previously I've owned a Lotus Esprit Turbo for 15 years.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Ferrari's and this car.

Best regards,

Mark

Ferrari.jpg

add your name to the list below, lets get 60 by the end of the week!!!!:nice:

Hazy

hi group, new member here ... Stephen, live in the southeastern US and have a nero/black '92 348ts with 42k miles. All original, most things work most of the time :) Looking for a set of HE WS025 rear spacers. Not a glamour shot but here she is

1992_ferrari_348-pic-5806375857175057340-1024x768.jpg

Greetings

Just joined, finally getting around to learning more about Ferrari in my local market. Not sure what I want to buy, big fan of the V12s front engined, and out of my price range.

Best
Dom

Hello! Newbie here

Hello, I thought I should introduce myself as directed by my Welcome email.

I will soon be the proud and frightened owner of a 1997 F355 Spider which I shall collect in a few weeks' time when it has gone through prep and when travel restrictions allow me to bring it home to Scotland.
The 550 mile trip north will actually be the first time I've ever sat in a Ferrari, never mind driven one. Either way, it will be a dream fulfilled.

Thanks
TC

I will soon be the proud and frightened owner of a 1997 F355 Spider which I shall collect in a few weeks' time when it has gone through prep and when travel restrictions allow me to bring it home to Scotland.
The 550 mile trip north will actually be the first time I've ever sat in a Ferrari, never mind driven one. Either way, it will be a dream fulfilled.

Thanks
TC

Welcome, from a fellow Aberdeen(shire) dweller. Like you, I drove mine home which was the first time I'd driven it. A bit nerve-wracking but what a feeling.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing it out and about!

Welcome, from a fellow Aberdeen(shire) dweller. Like you, I drove mine home which was the first time I'd driven it. A bit nerve-wracking but what a feeling.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing it out and about!

Thank you! I’m sure you will see me out. If you are the same monthefish on PH, I’m not too far away from you at all I think, and am regularly up your way with my son.

Thanks
TC

Well done; and welcome :thumbsup:

Picked my 355 spider up last summer; drove it home in one of the summer storms. Nice and watertight but a few “interesting” moments along the way, definitely more power than my 348:grin: I’m loving mine so I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks
TC

Good choice and welcome.
Absolutely no need to be apprehensive, I will have had mine 19 years this year and no regrets.

It might be stating the obvious but just don’t be tempted to fully use its performance until you are used to it.
Although quite modest power by modern standards, peak torque and power come in high up in the rev range so it can be bit of a surprise the first time you wind it up. Ask me how I know!!
That said you will find it’s very easy to drive and even quite happy at 30 mph in 6th so you can just amble along if the mood takes you. Enjoy your journey.

Last edited:
It might be stating the obvious but just don’t be tempted to fully use its performance until you are used to it.
This! It'll be a pussycat as long as long as you treat it with a bit of respect. Take it a step at a time and keep it shiny side up. Enjoy :)