What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

ONE THAT GOT AWAY.....

Pangea

Back in the mid 1970s my father purchased a 1963 Corvette Stingray off a car dealer friend. It was quite the thing to be driving around the welsh valleys in those days. Only around eight in the UK at that point in time Im led to believe. A few years later my father was killed in a flying accident and my mother needed some cash to fire up a new business she had set up so we had to sell the Vette along with his Austin Healy 3000. I didnt have the resourses to take on these cars at the time so we had to let them go although I drove both around the local area for a couple of years prior to selling. I was in my early 20s.
25 years later I spoke to the buyer of the Stingray who rang me out of the blue. He was after any information, photos etc I might have on the car. I dont have much to be honest. He then told me all about the car and its history none of which we knew beforehand. Quite amazing really and very special. The car was red when we owned it and had been painted here in the UK sometime in the 1960s we think. Its now back to what it should be..

Here is a page featuring the car as it is now. The "barn find" reference would be our double garage at the time. Hardly a barn but I get what they mean.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2013/12/13/the-earliest-known-1963-corvette-sting-ray/

Picture of my father working on the Vette mid 1970s..

Dad working on Corvette.jpg

Great story, Nick :thumbsup:

Several cars I'd love to know what happened to. Doubt I will though, none all that special.

Last edited:
Nice story, thanks for sharing. Weirdly, I saw a yellow Stingray in the valleys - near Aberdare - yesterday and thought "wow you don't see many of those..." :)

Back in the mid 1970s my father purchased a 1963 Corvette Stingray off a car dealer friend. It was quite the thing to be driving around the welsh valleys in those days. Only around eight in the UK at that point in time Im led to believe. A few years later my father was killed in a flying accident and my mother needed some cash to fire up a new business she had set up so we had to sell the Vette along with his Austin Healy 3000. I didnt have the resourses to take on these cars at the time so we had to let them go although I drove both around the local area for a couple of years prior to selling. I was in my early 20s.
25 years later I spoke to the buyer of the Stingray who rang me out of the blue. He was after any information, photos etc I might have on the car. I dont have much to be honest. He then told me all about the car and its history none of which we knew beforehand. Quite amazing really and very special. The car was red when we owned it and had been painted here in the UK sometime in the 1960s we think. Its now back to what it should be..

Here is a page featuring the car as it is now. The "barn find" reference would be our double garage at the time. Hardly a barn but I get what they mean.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2013/12/13/the-earliest-known-1963-corvette-sting-ray/

Picture of my father working on the Vette mid 1970s..

View attachment 158940

Don’t forget ‘barn find’ now adds Kudos and value to ‘collector cars’…

My custom painter friends made a fair bit of money over the last decade working with the Patina look. Mostly on vans and bikes. Its the thing. Or at least it was. Not for me though.

On an old van or bike I can almost get, not entirely but almost. On a pretty new Porsche it just looks a bit silly to me.

Last edited:
Sorry to be 'THAT guy' but its Patina.

Petina is in Campania Italy...

It's ok, you're not being 'that guy' but it was a simple spelling mistake. I knew it has an A not an E, for one thing I read it as such umpteen times in the article I posted, no idea why I got it wrong :)

It's ok, you're not being 'that guy' but it was a simple spelling mistake. I knew it has an A not an E, for one thing I read it as such umpteen times in the article I posted, no idea why I got it wrong :)

Its like sure type it changes it as you press enter

How effective is using an android emulator on Windows as a security measure against potential malware from downloading files?

I installed an android emulator on my Windows PC a year ago, thinking that it would isolate any viruses that might infect the android system from my PC. Later, I learned that the site I downloaded files from was actually secure and unlikely to contain malware. However, I am curious about the validity of my initial reasoning. Would running an android emulator on Windows actually protect my PC from any android-specific malware?

https://technsight.com/
Really?