What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

PPF: coating on top ?

Just had one of the cars covered in PPF, and just wondering if people bother using coatings, sealants on top of PPF? Seems like overkill but I notice that products are available specifically for PPF.

Thanks!

I had my 360 mopped and ceramic coated last year and it transformed the paint. The coating is a protective layer of gloss. I am very pleased with the results and have had it done to my other classic car.

I had my 360 mopped and ceramic coated last year and it transformed the paint. The coating is a protective layer of gloss. I am very pleased with the results and have had it done to my other classic car.

Thanks Mark! Agree ceramic is good, but this car now has protection film on it and I’ve been told that it can be good to coat the film. Seems overkill but thought I would check!

I have PPF on the front of the 488. After a bit of research I opted for the Gyeon system. They have a PPF specific range; includes a light polish/conditioner, ceramic coating, top up spray and wash.
I have used it to renew the PPF and then apply the ceramic coating it works very well.

I think Gtechniq may also offer a ceramic coating that works with PPF.

I have PPF on the front of the 488. After a bit of research I opted for the Gyeon system. They have a PPF specific range; includes a light polish/conditioner, ceramic coating, top up spray and wash.
I have used it to renew the PPF and then apply the ceramic coating it works very well.

I think Gtechniq may also offer a ceramic coating that works with PPF.

Thanks! I had ordered the Gyeon stuff as I was ordering some other bits anyway. Nice to hear you’re happy with it. Did you apply yourself? Was it difficult ?

I did it myself. It is very easy to do, you get plenty of time to buff it off after application. The applicator and suede cloths are very nice to use. I did all the carbon bits (engine bay and interior) in Gyeon Synchro which is amazingly slick. Next week I will machine polish the rest of the car and finish with Gyeon Primer to get super high gloss. Debating if I will stick with wax (Zymol Destiny) or go with Gyeon Synchro on the rest of the paint work.