What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Prepurchase Inspection

elipper

This is my first post but I am a long time Ferrari owner in the US. I am considering the purchase of a car from Nick Cartwright and while there is nothing obviously wrong with the vehicle I would like to have a pre-purchase inspection performed by a third party. The car is in Derbyshire and Birmingham seems to be the closest major population center. Do any of you have a recommendation for a per purchase inspector in that area and hopefully someone that might do it on a mobile basis.

Which model is it?
Maybe try Tim at Walkersport.co.uk or Adam at AE Performance Engineering (Adam is a tech but has done inspections).
Nick Cartwright has a great reputation over here and you should be able to buy with confidence.

Which model is it?
Maybe try Tim at Walkersport.co.uk or Adam at AE Performance Engineering (Adam is a tech but has done inspections).
Nick Cartwright has a great reputation over here and you should be able to buy with confidence.
It is a 308. I have heard good things about Nick.

I bought my 550 from Nick, and got Tim to inspect it for me as I live quite a distance away. It was and is a good car, but even so the inspection picked up on £2-3k worth of work needed (brakes and a few other small things IIRC) which Nick did no problem; but the inspection effectively paid for itself

There's also Migliore Cars in Bromsgrove. They did a PPI on my car when I was going to sell it and were annoyingly thorough - so much so that the sale fell through (DIY sealant repair on one of the CAT ECUs levels of detail!)

whom ever you use, just make sure you know who is doing the actual inspection. some sub them out without telling you; which raises lots of questions, not least your rights against them if there is a problem and exactly who's reputation is being sold!

ive used migliore for service and would also recommend them.