What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Resin Water Filters

kevin0374

Hi
Me and a friend have been looking at the Resin water filters the 7 litre one that Race Glaze do especially has anyone got one and could give there opinion please.
Regards
Kev

Hi Kev. Yep, I've got one and it's excellent, does exactly what it says it will. I've got a particle tester (forget the posh term) and our water is normally terrible for washing cars, water marks everywhere. I used to have a more expensive filter from another company but found the one from Race Glaze is far better.

Full disclosure - I know Mark who owns Race Glaze well...…….. but the numbers don't lie - the Race Glaze filter was far more effective and took out more particles, lasted longer, was cheaper and is rechargeable (you don't need to replace the whole thing when it stops working, just the stuff inside). I highly recommend them :thumbsup:

Hi Kev. Yep, I've got one and it's excellent, does exactly what it says it will. I've got a particle tester (forget the posh term) and our water is normally terrible for washing cars, water marks everywhere. I used to have a more expensive filter from another company but found the one from Race Glaze is far better.

Full disclosure - I know Mark who owns Race Glaze well...…….. but the numbers don't lie - the Race Glaze filter was far more effective and took out more particles, lasted longer, was cheaper and is rechargeable (you don't need to replace the whole thing when it stops working, just the stuff inside). I highly recommend them :thumbsup:

I also have one that I bought from Mark at More Than Polish/Race Glaze. Does what it says on the tin. Have now had it two years using it every couple of months during the summer for final rinse and haven't had to replenish it yet.

Money well spent

Thanks for the feed back.
Are you using them for just your final rinse or your whole wash cycle?

I snow foam first and can't see the point in filtered water there. After that I use filtered water to rinse off the wash but warm non-filtered water with car shampoo in the buckets (2 buckets, obviously...………)

Thank you Pete and Francis for your comments - if there is anything else you need to know Kevin do please get in touch.

Hand on heart, this is the best bit of detailing kit I have ever owned. I'm sure you'll feel the same if you buy one.

I have had mine for about 6 years and it is brilliant, in that time i have replaced the resin twice.
I usually replace the resin when the water gauge reads 20 parts per million, i would recommend bying the resin filler kit as it makes refilling a lot easier,this is also sold by Mark at race glaze.

I have one of these from Mark and it still leaves spots on my car so still have to dry it down with a towel.
Leaves horrible tide marks on the 458 front aero wings as it is a concave shape so a small puddle collects there. So if I forget to soak up the water a nice mineral ring remains.
Don’t have a particle reader so don’t know how well it is working or ever worked. Only had it 2 years I think and it’s not used that often so the resin should still be good.
Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of these from Mark and it still leaves spots on my car so still have to dry it down with a towel.
Leaves horrible tide marks on the 458 front aero wings as it is a concave shape so a small puddle collects there. So if I forget to soak up the water a nice mineral ring remains.
Don’t have a particle reader so don’t know how well it is working or ever worked. Only had it 2 years I think and it’s not used that often so the resin should still be good.
Just my experience.

Buy a particle checker to make sure it is working OK. Mark sells them but I bought one from Amazon for about 10 quid. Also useful for checking my home water softener is working properly.

Buy a particle checker to make sure it is working OK. Mark sells them but I bought one from Amazon for about 10 quid. Also useful for checking my home water softener is working properly.

+1

I test mine before using it each time and it gives near zero ppm having been through the filter, probably have pics to show that somewhere. No particles means there’s no impurities to leave a mark other than what the water pics up from the air while it’s evaporating. If you’re getting marks my guess is it’s not working properly.

+1

I test mine before using it each time and it gives near zero ppm having been through the filter, probably have pics to show that somewhere. No particles means there’s no impurities to leave a mark other than what the water pics up from the air while it’s evaporating. If you’re getting marks my guess is it’s not working properly.

Cheers guys. Will get a meter to see what the reading is

A few pointers on use of these:

1. You do need to run some water through them every few weeks, about every 2-3 in the summer when its warm, as bacteria can grow in the warm, damp environment. This coats the resin, rendering its performance less than optimal. If the inside of the tank smells of fish, thats your issue. If so, pour in 2-3 capfuls of bleach, backflush (connect wrong way round) at low mains pressure for 1-2 minutes and once water smells pure, reconnect correctly.

2. Ensure the hoses are correctly connected to the IN and OUT stamped on the head.

3. One of the common causes of 'water spots', as Pete says, is dust settling on the water surface or water beads, giving the impression of spots. if they wash straight off, this is the case.

It might be grim up North but at least our water is pure and clean :)
I’m fascinated by these threads as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a water spot using Wales’ finest.

It might be grim up North but at least our water is pure and clean :)
I’m fascinated by these threads as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a water spot using Wales’ finest.

Agreed. I am curious though and may get myself a particle accelerator for checking my water :tongue3: