What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Serpentine Charity Run - Buxton, 3rd July

Icoveta355

Hi Forum,

There is a great annual event run by some lovely Lotus owners in the North West - the Serpentine Charity Run. The event supports a couple of children's charities (one is a hospice, from memory). The even is roughly as follows:

Meet up at 9:30am at the historic Buxton Devonshire Dome (University of Derby, Buxton Campus SK17 6RY. Every car will get a set of "pace notes" which is in the form of "turn left at the lights, 3.5 miles then left at a t junction" etc, and is designed around cars having a driver and a navigator to run as a non competitive road rally. Last year, it ended by the pavilion in Buxton, and there was a really nice atmosphere as the locals looked at all the cars, and chatted to the owners.

The route is always different, but also always great - you spend a few hours blatting / cruising (depending on car / driver) round the peak district, on a run carefully planned to avoid excess right hand turns across carrigeways, and of course traffic.

I've done this the last 2 years solo, as in reality you just hook up with a bunch of other cars and follow the guys who have a navigator - its great banter, and there is some interesting metal (and plastic) running around. Last year, there were:
328 carb
Roughly 30 Lotus Elise / Exige
Several older Lotii - Esprits, Elans, other things beginning with E I don't really recognise.
Several Porsche's of various descriptions (including my poverty Boxster, but also a 997 turbo, 996 C4s and a few caymans).
Several classics pootling around at the back.

I've posted this here because I think that the addition of some F cars would really add to the event (especially in noise terms), and I think you guys would really enjoy the day out. It's really well organized, friendly, and a bit different to other runs I've been on, as it offers the chance to either go solo or in groups.

If anyone is interested, please add your name to the list, and I'll get the entry forms over to you - they can be done on the day, but all the organizer is really after is proof of insurance and 10 quid for the kids - although you can donate more if you wish.

Hope you can all make it

Graham

PS - There will be tea / coffee / really good bacon sarnies at the start and the first stop off point for a couple of quid.

1. ICovetA355 - Graham - Boxster