What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Trakback

robcarter

Does anyone have experience of the trakback unit, my 355 has one, I have a transponder, but as to whether it works I am none the wiser.
also does anyone know:

where exactly is the thing fitted, i presume the control unit has an antenna of some sort,

what does the subscription cost nowadays, I have an old invoice that came with the car,(2004) at that time it was £250.00 a year.

Surely it not beyond the realms of possibility to have a unit installed that will send you a text message when it is triggered and do away with the control centre all together?

any info appreciated

rob carter

you should have 2 flat cards to deactivate system. if the unit is working , you will hear 3 beeps when you start the car . if not working, it will beep 5 times . subs are still around £250. if broken, you'll need new unit.

I have trackback on my 360 but I don't have any cards to (de)activate it. I can phone them up and tell them it's going to be trailer'd so there's no false alarm. Subs were £171.35 for the year. Also - the tracker aerial is stuck to the windscreen (new screen = new aerial).

Navtrak has the ADR cards. When I'm back in the office, tomorrow I will pm you a contact number for trackbak

you should have 2 flat cards to deactivate system. if the unit is working , you will hear 3 beeps when you start the car . if not working, it will beep 5 times . subs are still around £250. if broken, you'll need new unit.

I have one transponder, the number corresponds with the numbers on the installation documents, as far as the antenna is concerned I havn't a clue where it is, there certainly isn't one on the windscreen.
Also I don't get any beeps when the car starts, although the transponders were last replaced in 2006 so I assume the lithium batteries have run down now, does nayone know where these things are fitted in the vehicle, I've looked in the obvious places i.e. footwell, front bonnet but can't find anything, although i presume the thing would be well hidden for obvious reasons.

I have one transponder, the number corresponds with the numbers on the installation documents, as far as the antenna is concerned I havn't a clue where it is, there certainly isn't one on the windscreen.
Also I don't get any beeps when the car starts, although the transponders were last replaced in 2006 so I assume the lithium batteries have run down now, does nayone know where these things are fitted in the vehicle, I've looked in the obvious places i.e. footwell, front bonnet but can't find anything, although i presume the thing would be well hidden for obvious reasons.

sorry, i am talking about another immobiliser - pls ignore me :cry:

You have PM :thumbsup:

I have trakbak on my 360, its £180/year.

I have number of somone that worked for seimens that travels all over uk sorting them if you need it, ( mine needed a new amp when I bought the car)

mail me on scottlaurie@hotmail.co.uk if you need info and I will dig it out,

trakbak is better than the roadstart system, in terms of it gives exact location and speed etc,

cheers
scott

Re Trakbak system, when your renewal comes up, tell them you are considering not renewing the contract as your insurance policy is only £30 or so more expensive without it and would you really want your car back if it was stolen. Hey presto, the renewal dropped to £100 for the year. Try it, it works.

Hi

I made a slight mistake mine is a navtrak system, I assume it's working because if I take the transponder out of the car it beeps 4 or 5 times when the car starts to move.
I spoke to navtrak they want best part of 200.00 for 1 year, and to be honest I don't get any discount for having it (haggerty / MWA) so I don't think I will bother.

And as someone mentioned in a previous thread most of the damage to the car occurs when the thing is broken into, and if it was stolen I'm not so sure I would want it back anyway - from previous experience you don't have the same feelings for a car one it's been nicked then recovered.

rob carter