What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

V8 Diesel Range Rover Sport - New car for the New Year!!

Pauli

Fi and I have been debating about where the car route is going, and it's going like this........

Upon talking to my mate Dave at Parks, if you want a V8 Diesel Sport they need to be ordered now, for December/Jan Build with a Delivery date of March. We need a car for the 2 dogs and as we both like the Rangie so much, we've gone for 2 cars the same. I know this might sound a bit mad, but we both have the same requirments, and don't fancy estate cars that much, and hatchbacks might not be big enough in the long run. I only bought the Rangie versus a Sport before due to pricing, and was unsure where the market would go with them, and as the new V8 Diesels are replacing the Petrols I thought this would be a good time to get one.

So, we have ordered 2 x V8 Diesel HSE Range Rover Sports for March Delivery, 2 out of the first 4 Parks are getting, so I ordered Bright Blue with Black leather and Alpaca trim & Fi ordered Burgundy Red with Beige and cherry wood!!

Really looking forward to these, they have the supercharger active suspension, and huge Brembo brakes, and have every option as standard including new 20" wheels. The car as standard has 280bhp and is a 3.6 Twin Turbo Diesel.

So the Maserati and Rangie will be/are for sale.

We will keep the 911 for a bit as the restore is nearly complete and fancy having it as a permanent fixture for a year or so as a garage toy, and possibly A.N.Other.

Anyone interested in either car for sale could they PM me, and I will send off specs & Pics to them.

I'll also post them up for sale in the forsale part of the site, but not in any hurry as new cars not here til March, however would do a deal if price is right.

jesus christ inky !!!

how much -ve equity are these going to be worth in 3 years time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus christ inky !!!

how much -ve equity are these going to be worth in 3 years time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are a brand new model, so why would they be -ve Jon.

I thinki they'll have a great residual as they have now discontinued the Petrol HSE due to the power in these models.

I also don't think we'd keep them for more than 18months without switching them into newer models so should be fine.

They are a brand new model, so why would they be -ve Jon.

I thinki they'll have a great residual as they have now discontinued the Petrol HSE due to the power in these models.

I also don't think we'd keep them for more than 18months without switching them into newer models so should be fine.

Hi Paul

What % do you figure they will lose in 18 months ?

I calculate that they will lose 84% of their value in 18 months. :laugh:

(please note that I am a Expert so what I say goes :tongue3: )

Hi Paul

What % do you figure they will lose in 18 months ?

James, on speaking to trade, it appears that they lose 4k per year at the moment for the V6 diesels.

That came from the LR dealers mouth and as he's my mate it is the truth I swear.

I think jon is way out in his view of this, I maybe wrong but Diesels are the way to go IMHO with this marque.

James, on speaking to trade, it appears that they lose 4k per year at the moment for the V6 diesels.

That came from the LR dealers mouth and as he's my mate it is the truth I swear.

I think jon is way out in his view of this, I maybe wrong but Diesels are the way to go IMHO with this marque.

Hi Paul

I agree that diesels will hold value better but would take a bet the drop will be more that 10% per year

Ordered a new RR (grown up) v8 diesel 5 months ago,taking delivery in january, no price confirmed yet but should be £63 ish ,hope i don`t take as big a hit as with my current RR :cry3:

Anybody want to buy RR vogue 54 plate:thumbsup:

Inky, thats some hit your gonna take there fella, surely!?!?

You can pick up a high spec 3 yr old V8 RRs for 30K(?)....

Considering also dealers do deals like this for brand new cars:
http://www.perrys.co.uk/special-offer?params_F=5734/1323/

I reckon you could buy a LHD 355 Spider for the amount you are going to lose in 18th months on both. Thats SCAREY :grin: :huh: :shocked: :grin:

Its nothing compaired to what he`s going to loose on the maserati:laugh: :laugh:

What Car say that they'll be worth 62% after 3 years, thus £58,995 x 2 x 38% loss = £ 44,836:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: And it'll be worse than that. Looking at £50K minimum

Just get 2 old ML's and save yourself £30K

Instead of wasting money is it not time You arranged another "get together" try and arrange better weather next time though:thumbsup: