What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Valuation of 430 cab

Hi Guys..

Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place !? Hope not !!

Been looking at 430's for a few weeks and am near taking the leap to owning my first ferrari.

However i am getting massively different opinions on prices and was hoping enthusiasts such yourselves might be able to give me a hand.

The car i have looked at is an 08 430 cab

1 owner
red with creme
ceramics
shields
sat nav
parking sensors.
still under warranty until end of year.

problem is the mileage. 35k..

what do you guys think i should be paying ????..

thanks !!!

Welcome & good luck with the search

Not sure but I suspect the value might be affected by F1 or manual transmission & dealer or private sale & service history

James, if you are going to keep the car the mileage is not a problem, if you are going to sell in 1 or even 3 years, there will always be plenty of cars with less mileage about(therfore harder to sell) ... so I assume this car is a bargain price?

The only other thing I would check is the paint work, but this will depend on how the car got the mileage in the first place.

Also without fail, get it on a lift ..:thumbsup:

HTH

Funnily enough from looking at the comparable ads on Pistonheads trading mileage for age the retail price looks not far out to me too

Funnily enough from looking at the comparable ads on Pistonheads trading mileage for age the retail price looks not far out to me too

True, but the cash trade bids at mo are horrendous!

Not sure you can trade mileage for age with a Ferrari, an '08' 40k+ miles 430 Spider will be worth a fair bit less than an 06 15k one IMO

80k does sound expensive ...offer 65 and see what happens

OP, Well if you make that offer by phone you'll probably hear three beeps as they put the phone down on you :laugh:

Or if it's Mark phoning they'll immediately interrupt and say "thanks, but we don't need our driveway block paved"

:grin:

430cab

My friend owns a Porsche garage and this car is off a trade only website. Although people "say" a car like this should be 55000,, there certainly isn't people selling them for that.. Especially dealers trading between themselves...

I work iN the trade and very similar car but in black was sold for 73k trade recently you dont see cars that age with that spec for less than 70k I would buy 10 of them of they began with an early 6! That's a 4 year service car so it's worth seeing if it's got any warranty left

warranty left....

I work iN the trade and very similar car but in black was sold for 73k trade recently you dont see cars that age with that spec for less than 70k I would buy 10 of them of they began with an early 6! That's a 4 year service car so it's worth seeing if it's got any warranty left

warranty till october this year...

did you say between traders it went for 73 ???

Would it not be better to find a car right for you rather than buy a car you feel is cheap?

one day i am going to want to sell this car.. i am trying save myself from future pain by buying right. plua i wouldnt be satisfied knowing i had been shafted on a car.. it would ruin the enjoyment of ownership .

A 35k mile black 430 was traded at 73k ??
Where is it now being retailed, would love to see the asking price...

one day i am going to want to sell this car.. i am trying save myself from future pain by buying right. plua i wouldnt be satisfied knowing i had been shafted on a car.. it would ruin the enjoyment of ownership .

You seem to be perpetuating the yorkshire stereotype ;0)

Look, if you're buying from a dealer then you're going to get "shafted" to some extent (if you see the dealer as making a margin as being "shafted" rather than making a living); the balance is that it will come with a warantee and thus some peace of mind. Christ, forget about selling it and concentrate on enjoying it; if the money's that important then leave it in the bank!

Just buy a car that you fall in love with and just make sure it's the best you can afford and not a dog.

I simply don't understand people who go looking for a car with the first item on their list being how to sell it. It's a car FFS, not a friggin' investment.... get some smiles and miles in before the sun buggers off again!

Let us know how you get on.

Oh, and welcome by the way ;0)

Paul

Last edited: