What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Wheel Colour

Terry

Malcolm,
Perhaps you may be able to help with a 348 wheel colour paint code. I only need to paint one wheel from a set of four and after three attempts have still not got it right, many thanks.

Also is there a paint code for the interior panels on the 360? My door pockets have a couple of minor chips.

Terry said:
Malcolm,
Perhaps you may be able to help with a 348 wheel colour paint code. I only need to paint one wheel from a set of four and after three attempts have still not got it right, many thanks.

Ferrari donot list a paint code for wheels as the wheels are delivered to Ferrari already painted by the wheel manufacturer. Best thing is to mix as close as shade possible and paint the other wheel next to it so if there is a difference it will not show up against the wheels on the other side of the car.

Also the chances are that the wheels have sometime in their lifetime been painted so there's no knowing what the exact colour is.

Hud90n said:
Also is there a paint code for the interior panels on the 360? My door pockets have a couple of minor chips.

Don't know - might be a similar senario as the wheels, I know that most of the trim is "out-sourced", I will ask our paintshop.

Ferraritech said:
Ferrari donot list a paint code for wheels as the wheels are delivered to Ferrari already painted by the wheel manufacturer. Best thing is to mix as close as shade possible and paint the other wheel next to it so if there is a difference it will not show up against the wheels on the other side of the car.

Also the chances are that the wheels have sometime in their lifetime been painted so there's no knowing what the exact colour is.

Thanks Malcolm,
I think the colour is as original but is not Argento 101C (like you say). I will next try BMW 244 Sterlingsilber 6RE48 which according to the chip looks rather close, will let all know the outcome.

Terry said:
Malcolm,

Take one of the wheels that is the right colour to a paint factors(ie brown bros,bodyshop services etc) and they can analyse the paint under their camera,they will then make up the paint to match.They should even be able to supply it in aerosols.
Make sure though that they put it under the camera and don't just map the colour from one of their books.

stevew said:
Take one of the wheels that is the right colour to a paint factors(ie brown bros,bodyshop services etc) and they can analyse the paint under their camera,they will then make up the paint to match.They should even be able to supply it in aerosols.
Make sure though that they put it under the camera and don't just map the colour from one of their books.

I went to Brown Bros Chester with that intention. All they had were the chips and knew nothing about a more scientific process (is it called a spectograph?). Do you know an actual shop that does it Steve?

Terry said:
I went to Brown Bros Chester with that intention. All they had were the chips and knew nothing about a more scientific process (is it called a spectograph?). Do you know an actual shop that does it Steve?

I use either Bodyshop Services who are in Preston(Bodyshop Services are the trade outlet of Akzo Nobel who produce Sikkens).Just spoke to them and the nearest one to you is Birmingham.
Or I use Supertune that are based in Bury.
The major paint suppliers should have one of these machines near to you.
If not,if you can get a wheel to me I will get it done for you.

stevew said:
I use either Bodyshop Services who are in Preston(Bodyshop Services are the trade outlet of Akzo Nobel who produce Sikkens).Just spoke to them and the nearest one to you is Birmingham.
Or I use Supertune that are based in Bury.
The major paint suppliers should have one of these machines near to you.
If not,if you can get a wheel to me I will get it done for you.

Thanks Steve. I pass by Preston on my way to Blackpool so could call in to Bodyshop Services. Do you have a contact number please? Thanks.

Terry said:
Thanks Steve. I pass by Preston on my way to Blackpool so could call in to Bodyshop Services. Do you have a contact number please? Thanks.

No probs m8 will let you have it tomorrow when I'm back at work.

Hud90n said:

Spoke to the guys at PPG and they have confirmed that there isn't a paint code for the panels, I have sent an e-mail to Ferrari asking them, but don't hold your breath for a quick reply.

matkat said:
Malcolm can You give Me the part number for a head lamp lift relay for My 355 its 1999.
Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,

Ferrari part number is 157992, Bosch number is 0 332 209 159 - Cost £15.60 plus vat. There are two relays, one for each headlight motor - items "B" and "C" in picture.

"B" is the L/H motor relay and "C" is the R/H motor relay.

The fuse box is located in the luggage compartment.

Attachments

• 355fbox.JPG
    355fbox.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 103