What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Buying a 360 Manual

And me. As I have a manual 360 in resale red and I was offered just over 50% this is being advertised at I'd love to know how **** mine must really be :laugh:

And me. As I have a manual 360 in resale red and I was offered just over 50% this is being advertised at I'd love to know how **** mine must really be :laugh:
Pretty **** I'd say Malc. (just kidding)

I got more than the figure you were offered for our F1 Modena. Yours has the spangly seats that apparently people pay many thousands for, not to mention the slower gear change with a silver ball on a stick :wink3:

Pretty **** I'd say Malc. (just kidding)

I got more than the figure you were offered for our F1 Modena. Yours has the spangly seats that apparently people pay many thousands for, not to mention the slower gear change with a silver ball on a stick :wink3:

Was yours resale red?

It does, also has just over 40k which was another issue for the one or two that came to see it. It was the window trim (that black aluminium strip) around the side windows that shocked me. Mine was peeling on the offside (I have since stripped and repainted it) that threw me. The buyer told me it would break the rear quarter windows removing it and as such it would be around £2k. That was just the start.

I can tell you first hand nobody wanted to pay for the shiny stick and spangly seats. I am both crap at selling cars and crap at buying them since I bought a lemon :laugh::tongue3: it seems!

Was yours resale red?

It does, also has just over 40k which was another issue for the one or two that came to see it. It was the window trim (that black aluminium strip) around the side windows that shocked me. Mine was peeling on the offside (I have since stripped and repainted it) that threw me. The buyer told me it would break the rear quarter windows removing it and as such it would be around £2k. That was just the start.

I can tell you first hand nobody wanted to pay for the shiny stick and spangly seats. I am both crap at selling cars and crap at buying them since I bought a lemon :laugh::tongue3: it seems!
Ours was red with a black interior (red stitching and carpets). I think we were in the upper 30s on the odometer and in reasonable condition, although not washed to within an inch of its life. Everyone tells us people want manual cars with carbon seats and therefore they're worthy of a large premium, the F1 car with normal seats being rubbish. Well, perhaps that's not the case then? We have two people here on on CS looking for a Modena don't we? Surely your car could be a sound purchase for a price that suits both parties?

Was yours resale red?

I was lucky when I sold the 348 as the guy already knew the car so there was none of the usual hassle. They guy that bought my yacht on the other hand…ffs…absolutely everything was wrong…even complained that the the whiskey tumblers didn’t all match!!!!

You just got to grit your teeth and stick to your bottom line; if they don’t like it let the muppets walk away.

Ours was red with a black interior (red stitching and carpets). I think we were in the upper 30s on the odometer and in reasonable condition, although not washed to within an inch of its life. Everyone tells us people want manual cars with carbon seats and therefore they're worthy of a large premium, the F1 car with normal seats being rubbish. Well, perhaps that's not the case then? We have two people here on on CS looking for a Modena don't we? Surely your car could be a sound purchase for a price that suits both parties?
I sold my 430 manual with carbon buckets after several months advertising on Pistonheads. It certainly didn't fly out like people suggest that combination would. If I have another 430 again I'd be more than happy with F1 and standard seats. Plenty of people express opinions on the internet, reality is often very different.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I sold my 430 manual with carbon buckets after several months advertising on Pistonheads. It certainly didn't fly out like people suggest that combination would. If I have another 430 again I'd be more than happy with F1 and standard seats. Plenty of people express opinions on the internet, reality is often very different.

Plenty of people also have strong opinions about what is correct / dream / poverty spec - right mileage and all sorts of aspects of Ferrari ownership without having a car in hells chance of ever having one.

Plenty of people also have strong opinions about what is correct / dream / poverty spec - right mileage and all sorts of aspects of Ferrari ownership without having a car in hells chance of ever having one.
Precisely. Every ultra low mileage Ferrari I've had has been troublesome, every high miler has been flawless. They like to be used.

Precisely. Every ultra low mileage Ferrari I've had has been troublesome, every high miler has been flawless. They like to be used.

:thumbsup:

I have tried to persuade Malcolm to sell but he’s not shifting for now!

Well.........
I'm thinking of emptying the piggy bank and looking at a couple of the LHD Challenge Stradale's on the market at the moment (I actually prefer LHD - and they are c.£50k lower than RHD cars!)

Sounds a good plan. If you haven't driven LHD you get used to it after a while. Just keep left and very careful over taking. I've owned classic yanks for many years and you keep near the gutter.

A Challenge Stradale will be something else to drive too.

Cheers,

I've had many, many left hookers - including my 348.
As I aim to do a few Euro road trips, a LHD is actually preferable for me!

One day I'm going to come and see that! :grin::dude:

+1 Like that a lot.

Something to be said for a decent sized engine in a car, I'm with the Americans on that one. Growing up in North Carolina my Dad drove a 7.5 litre Pontiac. Still remember the sound it used to make :)

One day I'm going to come and see that! :grin::dude:

PM me if you ever want to see it. It's got no power steering and wide front tyres, so driving it is like arm wrestling.

It's very fast and has drum brakes all around with no servo, so you need to really plant your foot hard to stop it.

And it does 8 mpg, you can watch the fuel needle move when you floor it.

Compared to the Ferrari it's as refined as an old tractor.