What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Dunsfold 2011 - Dad's Day Out

yellowtr

Dear Club Scud members,

Sorry for this message via Pete, but as of a couple of weeks ago I seem to be having some "technical difficulties" in logging on :grin:

As many of you will already know, we have booked the Top Gear test track at Dunsfold for “Dad’s Day Out” 2011 and next year's date will be Saturday the 14th of May. Please pencil a note in you diaries.

This is our third visit to this popular location and the 2011 event promises to be a bigger and better occasion and we hope raise even more for The Children's Trust at Tadworth. As some may recall, 2009 raised about £32,000 and 2010 was £65,000. Our target for 2011 is £90,000+ :dude:

The way this event has snow-balled from the early days of taking out locals from the Trust's HQ in Tadworth for a run down the A217 has meant that more individuals and organisations have been brought in draw on their considerable expertise and ability. Without Bachi & Pete, this event would fall down flat... and I'd like to embarrass them by publicly thanking them for everything they have done and will continue to do. We also have a professional events team who will be setting up all the security, car parking, H&S, caretaking for us again. This last point plus the costs of hiring the venue and many more attractions for all the family have meant costs have increased considerably :cry3:

...But, and here's why I wanted this posted..... after 18+ months of negotiations we've managed to secure a main sponsor for the event!!!

Shell has agreed to support May's Dad's day Out to the tune of £30,000 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

What this means is that every passenger you take round the track and every penny raised will go straight into the Children's Trust's funds :dude: :dude:

I know the event is a while away, but I was over the moon when the news was confirmed to me on Friday the 19th and planned to announce this on Monday the 22nd, but that coincided with my "technical difficulties" :laugh:

As an aside, several members have asked me about Club Scuderia's future involvement with the Children's Trust and Dad's Day Out, and I'd like to confirm that whatever differences individuals have with one another, this event is and will remain so a CS supported event.

A seperate thread for the event and drivers will follow shortly.

Thanks,

Richard

I would love to get involved if at all possible? Will probably bring an SLS AMG if that fits in with the theme?

How many laps are you expected to do if your car is chosen to participate? I went last year as a visitor and some of the cars were going round for an hour or so and then never seen again. :hmmm:

Can anyone let me know what the chance is of getting in on this as i would love to attend with my recently acquired 355 ?

I have read a post that "priority is given to previous attendees" ( which i understand ) BUT what chance of a 1st time attendee gaining access ?

How about all drivers have to wear racing suits like we did at Brands Hatch?

I thought that made the day even more special for everyone involved :thumbsup:

How about all drivers have to wear racing suits like we did at Brands Hatch?

I thought that made the day even more special for everyone involved :thumbsup:

You going to get one to match your car this time :laugh::laugh:

Can anyone let me know what the chance is of getting in on this as i would love to attend with my recently acquired 355 ?

I have read a post that "priority is given to previous attendees" ( which i understand ) BUT what chance of a 1st time attendee gaining access ?

I can carry off any race suit colour you choose ....... but what about any views to my original question as quoted above ???

I was turned down last year, was told ferrari cars only for CS Members,

Can someone tell me the cs rules on non ferrari cars this year asap, because if i get turned down earlier enough for non ferrari car I can then join petrolheads instead, :thumbsup:

Can someone tell me the cs rules...
For clarity, they're not "CS" rules. The organisers sort out what they need. Am sure Pete (YellowTR) will be along when he gets chance to answer queries.

IIRC the list here was put up in Jan for this year's event, and think Pete's noted he'll be doing the same this time.

Sorry for the late reply, work is a bit manic.

We do 3 laps in total round the circuit-it is NOT a track day. We provide rides with people from the ages of 4 up to 90yrs+.

Racesuits, probably not as it will be potential a hot day and a nomex suit is not ideal. If anyone wants to wear one feel free -Adz :thumbsup: :grin:

You can do as many laps as you so wish. Some people will drive round all day, some will drive round for just a few hours. Its down to the driver.

People who have done the event before will get priority, but the reality is we do have "regulars" who cannot commit or do drop out. So we will have a reserve system. As you can imagine this event is HEAVILY subscirbed and oversubscribed. We did have a number of 1st time attendees last year. Depending on numbers we may have a morning/afternoon session.