What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Running Reports - Discussion thread.

No Idea

So what is next John?

Good question : Needs to fit in the garage so that's all modern Ferraris out. I'd love a Dino, but not at the inflated price today - hoping for a good old fashioned market crash. Maybe another 328? Maybe something totally different - an old AC?

Just read Sweeni's most interesting piece on picking up his 550:thumbsup::thumbsup: A couple of comments: The 308 is a Vetroresina (Italian for fibreglass). The 550 fuel light comes in way before the tank is empty. In fact there is a thread I found on FChat where owners were comparing how far they had been with the light on. Having said that I don't trust Ferrari fuel guages (the 348's is much the same) and wouldn't leave to the point where I end up looking a right berk at the side of the road with an empty tank.

Jonathan

Just read Sweeni's most interesting piece on picking up his 550:thumbsup::thumbsup: A couple of comments: The 308 is a Vetroresina (Italian for fibreglass). The 550 fuel light comes in way before the tank is empty. In fact there is a thread I found on FChat where owners were comparing how far they had been with the light on. Having said that I don't trust Ferrari fuel guages (the 348's is much the same) and wouldn't leave to the point where I end up looking a right berk at the side of the road with an empty tank.

Jonathan

Coming from the master of writing your comments are most aprieciated :thumbsup:
I knew what Vetroresina meant , just didnt know how to spell it.

Good question : Needs to fit in the garage so that's all modern Ferraris out. I'd love a Dino, but not at the inflated price today - hoping for a good old fashioned market crash. Maybe another 328? Maybe something totally different - an old AC?

right, well it took a while but at last I have replaced the venerable 550 with.. a 1989 Aston Martin Vantage Volante... I'll get my coat.

right, well it took a while but at last I have replaced the venerable 550 with.. a 1989 Aston Martin Vantage Volante... I'll get my coat.

Now theres a beast of a car:dude::dude::dude:
First saw one in 1989-maroon volante with ronals, I was a young salesman in a car showroom(toyota) when Mr local big hitter pulled up on the forecourt in the above brand spanker-all the punters from the showroom went outside to admire it. He then blipped the throttle and made everyone jump and a small boy run back inside screaming-never forgotton it!!
Enjoy:thumbsup:
oh by the way.....

:worthless::grin:

John... that's a lovely thing, indeed. :dude: A little too OTT than a POW spec Vantage Volante for some, but a nice thing never-the-less. As noted, keep coat.... post pics. :thumbsup: