What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Running Reports - Discussion thread.

Corking car John :thumbsup:. But what a price :shocked:.

Less than a similar quality Dino - I spent three years researching and trying to find a really good Dino for a sensible price (and in the process became richer as I was letter of the month in Classic Cars and won a nice $400 pen!) but there were so many that were just not quite right- sometimes it was the car sometimes the vendor. If Nick Cartwright had one for £100k that was perfect I'd have bought it, but first his stock dried up for a long time and then his prices kept being just too much for me.

I'd seen a blue 1984 Vantage at Bramley a year ago and it is beautiful. I stopped by a couple of times and it hadn't been sold. Then I asked again and it was clear that a deal could be done. Then I thought, sod it, let's go and buy the best car I can find in budget and hence the Volante. It cost a shade over £110k which is no steal.

At Classic Cars at the NEC I was browsing through the book vendors and found my car as the cover car on a book on Vantages - Which was nice.

Blimey... had forgotten how good they look in dark colours. Saw loads (ish) of red ones in the 80's. :thumbsdow This is much nicer. :dude:

About 400bhp, or any X-pack trickery upto 580?

X pack only gets you to about 410bhp on a pre-1990 vantage. The 580X is the later Virage shaped vantage that's a muscle car too far even for me.

Coolest car i've seen for ages-a proper motor :dude:
manual box too:thumbsup:(or were all vantages man?)
Enjoy but be considerate with the throttle near small children:laugh:
Testa1

A report on mine would be easy:
- drove car about feeling a bit like Nelson after the Battle ofTrafalgar would have done if he hadn't been dead and pickled in a barrel of Madeira;
- Ooh, scary brakes;
- bought battery conditioner,
- Plugged it in,
- it snowed,
- the car stayed in garage.
Spent many happy hours perfecting my history file and pouring over trips for 2010 - and contemplating the fact that I currently have two Aston Martins - a curiously therapeutic pastime.

I tried to submit a running report but it got bounced back. Which email address do I use?

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

sletti@clubscuderia.co.uk on 19/03/10 10:33
The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.
< localhost.clubscuderia.co.uk #5.0.0 X-Postfix; user unknown. Command output: Invalid user specified.>

I tried to submit a running report but it got bounced back. Which email address do I use?

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

sletti@clubscuderia.co.uk on 19/03/10 10:33
The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.
< localhost.clubscuderia.co.uk #5.0.0 X-Postfix; user unknown. Command output: Invalid user specified.>

I have ammended the email adress in the original post. I was not aware that this email addess was not working (my bad, I should check thsi thread more often)

If you wish to email the new address with you report I'd be delighted to get it on (as it were:wink3:)