What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 door rewiring

Well, we're all done and I have working windows again :grin:

Not much to report in way of photos, was a case of making a key of which wire goes where and while most wires were in the WSM positions some weren't and others had been extended but with the wrong colour of wire. After that as we had plenty of slack and the wires just after the breaks were all good the socket was cut off and any wires that had been poorly extended or extended with the wrong colour were redone:

4.jpg

All the new plugs (or whatever they are called) were attached:

5.jpg

My mate had the right sort of crimping tool which really helped, would recommend having one if you plan to do this:

2.jpg

All the wires were then fit back into the socket and the wires taped up a bit to stop them being snagged on the bellows:

6.jpg

When all back together everything worked including the drivers side electric mirror which never had. All in all really happy :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos - must be nice to know your electrics are sorted.

Indeed.

Got to say, having looked inside particularly the driver’s side I’m frankly amazed they worked as long as they did - wires out, couple just in by a few strands, couple of poor previous joins, few looking like they touched other wires. Anyone who has not had their car redone I’d say it’s a worthwhile project for next winter even if all seems to work. Definitely worthwhile preventative maintenance.

Did you electrician use the tool and pins that you supplied to fix the socket or did he use his own? Just wondering as I was going to order the pins and tool you mentioned above