What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ashes 2015

Crscking start.

The Aussies had no backbone and we played quite well (though our openers are looking a bit suspect - with the bat at least).

Lords will be interesting.

Some great reaction catching and a belief in themselves made a very good performance, it was good that Cook persevered with Root when he was hammered in his first over, he kept him and was rewarded with a couple of wickets :thumbsup:

2nd test 2nd day at lords Australia declared 566-8
England giving away 4 cheep wickets 85-4 so far
We have our Backs against the wall -----only trailing 481 runs to win:laugh:
I'll eat my proverbial hat if we can pull this leg around :hmmm:

2nd test 2nd day at lords Australia declared 566-8
England giving away 4 cheep wickets 85-4 so far
We have our Backs against the wall -----only trailing 481 runs to win:laugh:
I'll eat my proverbial hat if we can pull this leg around :hmmm:

Pray for rain, but only tomorrow as I am out in the Ferrari Sunday and Monday :wink3:

It always amuses me that a sporting event is staged but many would rather it was partly cancelled than enjoy the event whatever the result.

Rigged

The betting patterns for the 1st test should be investigated as I think that the 1st test could be a candidate for match fixing :shocked: as per usual the media got all excited about how the new coach had turned this mediocre team around and now they want his head,, it's a sad fact that we don't have enough world class players and not had any for quite a long time.

The betting patterns for the 1st test should be investigated as I think that the 1st test could be a candidate for match fixing :shocked: as per usual the media got all excited about how the new coach had turned this mediocre team around and now they want his head,, it's a sad fact that we don't have enough world class players and not had any for quite a long time.
You may be right....but at least we should go down fighting. Lords was abject.

Not impressed with the line up changes that have been made. Bell should have been rested. Anderson too.

Finn or Rasid in to bowl and Bairstow in for Bell, not Ballance, with a few tweaks to the order.

I'll be shocked if Bell gets over 100 i total for the rest of this series.

Is it true that those folk who bought weekend tickets do not get any kind of refund ? I assume (not a cricket expert) that it was a 5 day test and it was all over very quickly.

I would be very surprised if they don't get a full refund, minus a small £5 admin fee per ticket.

When it rained the whole day at edgbaston a few years back all our 12 seats got full refunds minus £5 each ticket.
Plus when they play for only a few overs you get some of yours monies back, so I would hope they will get a full refund.:hmmm:

What a turn around though for England, third test first day was amazing to watch I couldn't believe we got so many wickets so cheaply, Anderson and Finn showed the aussie's how it's done, edgbaston'so crease gave the ball plenty of swing and pace, they didn't stand a chance:grin:

Can we take the ashes back????
Surely:wink3:

I would be very surprised if they don't get a full refund, minus a small £5 admin fee per ticket.

When it rained the whole day at edgbaston a few years back all our 12 seats got full refunds minus £5 each ticket.
Plus when they play for only a few overs you get some of yours monies back, so I would hope they will get a full refund.:hmmm:

What a turn around though for England, third test first day was amazing to watch I couldn't believe we got so many wickets so cheaply, Anderson and Finn showed the aussie's how it's done, edgbaston'so crease gave the ball plenty of swing and pace, they didn't stand a chance:grin:

Can we take the ashes back????
Surely:wink3:

What's the odds on the Aussies wining the next test:hmmm: I wouldn't bet against my own team :shocked: but if this was horse racing there would a stewards enquiry by now, how can these teams perform so differently from one match to the next.

Yes they will get a refund. I read that Worcestershire CCC were praying that it didn't finish in 2 days, as at one point it looked it might, as they weren't insured for a 2 days but were insured for a 3 day test which is normal practice. 3 days tests are relatively common while a 2 day test us statistically highly improbable, though it has happened. England last won a 2 day test in 2000 against the Windies, which was the first time for 44 years. The last 2 day test was in 2005 when New Zealand thrashed Zimbabwe in Harare. Australia haven't lost a test in 2 days for 125 years.

Losing Jimmy Anderson for the next test is a bit of blow though.

You get a full refund if they play less than 10 overs on the day of your ticket. 50% refund if less than 25 overs are played. (Day 5 can be different but typically you'll get a refund if the match finished early).

If I were betting money I'd bet the Aussies will take the next test, leaving a show down at The Oval.

I think the swings in performance are demonstrative of the margins in the game. A slight shift in the bowling performance of one side and the batting performance of the other and you have a massive difference in the result.

Anderson bowled brilliantly (and I'd have rested him after Lords!). As Francis notes, he'll potentially be a big loss. Finn did really well too. And the Aussie openers were hopeless (more than a "slight" shift really).

Our own batsmen were still a bit hit and miss. Bell did much better but still not good enough IMO. Lyth has had an awful series so far. If we're to take the series, those guys have to do significantly better. Makes it all quite exciting though.

What an absolute amazing first day at Trent bridge, it's all over for the Australians
Stuart broad the master bowler today:thumbsup:
Amazing catching by the slips
All out!!!!!!!!!!:shakeass2

Crickets not really my thing but would of lloved to of been there today, cracking effort by broad, looks like we got ashes back then :)

thought some of the headlines in the Aussie Press were good especially the one "Pomicide!"
Amazing morning of cricket