What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Club Scud Welsh Weekender II - May 2017

swnyradar

Save the date - currently penciled in for 6th / 7th May 2017.

Rough itinerary:
  • Meet at a central point in Wales on Saturday Morning, spend the day driving on Wales finest roads including lakeside roads, coastal routes, mountain passes and tunnels...
  • Spend Saturday Night at a hotel together for a meal + beers.
  • Sunday Morning run together before heading home. (Last year we visited Tim Walkers place for a BBQ)
Last years was a humdinger so don't miss it this time around:drive:

See here for last years http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?57486-Club-Scud-Wales-Weekender-Saturday-May-7th-Sunday-8th/page20

More details to follow...

Are we doing the same hotel ? If so I'll email them for prices

I'm ok for that one as I don't know of any others :).....I do remember they weren't keen on us doing 1 night but Ok'd it.
Maybe we can take in more in mid-Wales so if anyone has another option before we commit....

I'm ok for that one as I don't know of any others :).....I do remember they weren't keen on us doing 1 night but Ok'd it.
Maybe we can take in more in mid-Wales so if anyone has another option before we commit....

I'm with Mike on this. Let's make it a little different if possible (said he organising nothing :)). Regarding the hotel I'm not fussed but do want to be under cover this year if we are at the same one - Race :laugh:

I'm with Mike on this. Let's make it a little different if possible (said he organising nothing :)). Regarding the hotel I'm not fussed but do want to be under cover this year if we are at the same one - Race :laugh:

I thinks it's Mike turn to be under cover this time, poor thing nearly melted away in the rain all by itself last year, whilst mine was tucked under cover:grin:

d53e690c0d08b784e8e794f9130895ab.jpg

......and here they are the next day. Worthless after a night in the rain :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, looks like all that acid rain has dissolved the paint clean off.:grin:
I just had a look through the original thread and brings back what a great time we had and the excellent route/planning Mike and Dave did:thumbsup:

Again it's that same week we have arranged it on.
Same dilemma as year year it's my 21st wedding anniversary that weekend, I did manage to get away with it last year and join the gang but I'm not so sure I'll be able to pull it off a second year on our anniversary:cry3:
But I'll test the water and see if bribery (shopping trip) will work the week after:wink3:
Fingers crossed

Cheeky :)

Would be good if you could make it Paul....Crazy idea, but how about bringing her with you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike,
It's not her cup of tea im afraid.:shocked:
She finds sitting in a car for a couple of hours and my bad driving skills whizzing around wales with sheer drops frightening plus that constant loud drowning noise from the exhaust annoying.:laugh:
Short trips are all good though:thumbsup:

Are we doing the same hotel ? If so I'll email them for prices

I'm easy either way:

1. Modifying the route and keeping the same hotel (I think is met our needs for a one night stopover just fine and food was good, and I think if we push them for more undercover parking they can reserve more spaces - there were plenty there)

2. Covering an entirely different part further South and finding a new hotel.

If we keep the same hotel my idea is to modify the routing to get there, the 1st half would include a drive through the elan valley reservoirs which is very picturesque which would then take us on a different route into Machynlleth. From there we would still head to Betws y Coed but reverse the run through Llanberis to the A55 tunnels which would take us on another lovely road which we didn't drive last year and then onto the tunnels which was great fun! Here is said road :)

DSC_0031_opt.jpg

If folk want to cover more South/Mid then I can make up a super route here too and know a few hotels which would be suitable.

We need consensus soon so we can get the hotel booked up! 1 or 2?

Yeah, looks like all that acid rain has dissolved the paint clean off.:grin:
I just had a look through the original thread and brings back what a great time we had and the excellent route/planning Mike and Dave did:thumbsup:

Again it's that same week we have arranged it on.
Same dilemma as year year it's my 21st wedding anniversary that weekend, I did manage to get away with it last year and join the gang but I'm not so sure I'll be able to pull it off a second year on our anniversary:cry3:
But I'll test the water and see if bribery (shopping trip) will work the week after:wink3:
Fingers crossed

Come on Paul !! we need you for the photos:grin:

DSC_1766.jpg