What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

One more photo showing my fab MOT guy who I’ve being going to for well over ten years now, I sometimes think the built up relationship and understanding over time with our MOT guy of choice is the same as my wife’s relationship with her hairdresser! [emoji1787][emoji85][emoji1787][emoji106]
5e076d520956bc10b2ce7d5166beb467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, and have it with my current MOT place for all my cars. Worryingly he is getting close to retirement though.

Indeed, and have it with my current MOT place for all my cars. Worryingly he is getting close to retirement though.

Mine retired last year, well deserved, but trying to find somewhere that you trust not to be a dic* is a challenge, especially as the gov. forces even more restrictions on the MOT stations.

My latest was saying even the high beam/ light check thing will be wired into the MOT system! Seems inconsistent to me that they are being that ana* about some aspects, i.e. effectively not trusting the MOT tester to do their job; but don't require older cars to have MOTs any more! Still, civil servants for you!

Mine retired last year, well deserved, but trying to find somewhere that you trust not to be a dic* is a challenge, especially as the gov. forces even more restrictions on the MOT stations.

My latest was saying even the high beam/ light check thing will be wired into the MOT system! Seems inconsistent to me that they are being that ana* about some aspects, i.e. effectively not trusting the MOT tester to do their job; but don't require older cars to have MOTs any more! Still, civil servants for you!

It is. Long story short I have thought about doing MOT's when I retire. A few courses and obviously some knowledge is required up front. Not sure it's realistic for me but I am in a group on FB that does MOT courses and I am seeing some of what you say.

The lighting thing will also catch aftermarket HID's I think. My Z3 has at some point been fitted with aftermarket ones. I suspect I will have to remove them.

So, just when you think you’ve done all your jobs you remember another....
I have had escaping air con gas which although doesn’t affect the driving it renders the car pretty useless when our blistering(!) UK summer hits our shores!
So, while all the air con places are quiet being winter here now I got it booked in with a fantastic place that I can not recommend highly enough.
Motorclimate in Warwick have investigated and found the issue. It was a leaking compressor requiring a recondition. All that is now done, I’m gassed up and ready for whatever summer 2020 can throw at me. And yes I will ensure I use the a/c all the time so that the seals are lubricated and the system is kept in tip top order.
Steve at Motorclimate has said everything has been renewed and is effectively a new unit. Total cost from start to finish £500. This is possibly the best £500 I have spent on the car, a total bargain!
Now, other than a detail and fitting my Pininfarina badges, the car is now done, everything spot on, happy days!

View attachment 155219

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That’s great value as the compressor from Ferrari is £££. It’s a standard item so should be easily refurbed.
I wonder if he can get my spare done?

Did he change the drier?

That is good. My compressor is leaking slightly according to Adam at AE performance. Not much and TBH if he had not said I would not have known. I did not have it re-gassed this year.

However he said a new compressor as mentioned here is not cheap. £500 is a bargain. I may need one sometime in the future.

Dryier wasn’t replaced as it was fully functioning exactly as it should.
If you need AC work these are the guys!
I’m sure they can recondition any AC compressor they Re-manufacture compressors as their core business.
Cheers, Giles

That is good. My compressor is leaking slightly according to Adam at AE performance. Not much and TBH if he had not said I would not have known. I did not have it re-gassed this year.

However he said a new compressor as mentioned here is not cheap. £500 is a bargain. I may need one sometime in the future.

The cost for the compressor to be refurbished or remanufactured as they say is £250, the other £250 was investigation/stripping/fitting and R134a gas.

I've nearly had this fab 360 for nearly a year now so I might detail the year's worth of miles done, fixes done and expenses incurred. I think now I have all the issues I wanted to address completed it should be plain sailing for 2020, her's hoping!

Cheers, Giles

You couldn't make it up.

Oh yes you could :laugh::laugh:

Come down to Bristol, they have voted through a ban on ALL diesel vehicles in the city centre from 2021. Petrol engines are not banned, so Ferraris/Lamborghinis etc are all fine, should be some nice empty roads as well :thumbsup:

Ohhh and this was the same week that they supported the expansion of Bristol Airport! Go figure :hmmm: