What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Mark's 360 F1

That domain is doing well on Google search, it's page 1 for "Ferrari Modena". Probably all that good content.
There's so much else out there that I never intended to try and get it high in the rankings, although in part it was an exercise for me with SEO (I'm a web designer/developer). However, if you do a Google image search for 'Ferrari Sustenpass', half of the images returned are mine :)

Sorry, missed the comment before. Do I regret changing?, perhaps a little. I loved the Modena but it came down to a matter of usage and for me right now, it was a bit wasted (traffic, bumps, cameras, work from home, nowhere to go!). The California is pretty cool and with the retractable top, it offers the ability to cruise and enjoy a more sedate pace, although it's quicker than the 360 and can become quite aggressive when you want it to, noisy too. In an ideal world I'd have them both!

I loved the Modena but it came down to a matter of usage and for me right now, it was a bit wasted (traffic, bumps, cameras, work from home, nowhere to go!).
Yes, you're right, traffic and road bumps are no fun. The F1 box doesn't like traffic queue, especially for too long.
I work from home too, (I'm a Furniture Designer) so it doesn't get much use. My car goes out on special occasions and good weather only.

A couple of recent photos from Thames Valley FOC concours at Henley on Thames and a local show at Yattendon last weekend.

Car's going well, just wish the road's were better around here. Pot holes everywhere, takes the fun out of driving.

IMG_6049.jpg

6.jpg

The Modena is very very pretty. They've aged so well in Rosso Corsa 🥰
I agree. The curved and uncluttered lines are aging well.

I had the usual "the 355 is a nicer looking Ferrari" comments from people at Yattendon, but people seemed to take lots of photos of it.

Last edited:
I'm definitely a fan of the Modena, prefer the lines to the 360 Spider if I'm honest, and have looked at a change into one on and off for the past few years. I love the old school unassisted and mechanical feel of the 348 but now I could essential swap into a 360 it's quite tempting and might look again at the end of this year.

I agree that the Modena has aged well but in a different way to the older cars - it still looks and feels like a modern car. Where the 308, 328, 348 and 355 have slipped gracefully into being seen as classics some time ago that just hasn't happened with the 360 and I struggle to see it happening any time soon if at all. In a way they're simply too good, too well put together and too capable. They're certainly a lot of car for the money now.

I'm definitely a fan of the Modena, prefer the lines to the 360 Spider if I'm honest, and have looked at a change into one on and off for the past few years. I love the old school unassisted and mechanical feel of the 348 but now I could essential swap into a 360 it's quite tempting and might look again at the end of this year.

I agree that the Modena has aged well but in a different way to the older cars - it still looks and feels like a modern car. Where the 308, 328, 348 and 355 have slipped gracefully into being seen as classics some time ago that just hasn't happened with the 360 and I struggle to see it happening any time soon if at all. In a way they're simply too good, too well put together and too capable. They're certainly a lot of car for the money now.
I agree completely. I think the 360 is a pivotal car that brought the old into the new and yes, it still looks quite current, albeit without the sharp angles of modern cars. I also think the Spider is missing that special something that the Modena has.

I agree. I’m amazed how easy the car is to live with and it’s made surprisingly well.
The 360 was looking long in the tooth around 10 years ago, but curves seem to have come back into fashion, what with the 296 GTB. I don’t have any wish to get a newer model, I like the fact this it has lots of space in the cabin (as I’m 6ft 5) and I like the old fashioned dials on the dash and the lack of buttons on the steering wheel. Nice and simple.

I agree completely. I think the 360 is a pivotal car that brought the old into the new and yes, it still looks quite current, albeit without the sharp angles of modern cars. I also think the Spider is missing that special something that the Modena has.
It's one thing that's given me pause for thought a few times - I love the option of losing the roof on the old TS/GTS targa models and getting that open air driving experience while retaining the looks and feel of the hard top with the roof clamped in place. As well as a targa (2 actually - one red, one black) I have a foldable soft top which fits neatly on the parcel shelf so I don't need the seat slightly forward when storing the roof. I prefer the lines of the Modena but you lose the open top option which for me creates a dilemma. I know targa tops have gone out of fashion although the new Corvette obviously has one, but I do wish they had kept making them until the foldable hard tops came in.

It's one thing that's given me pause for thought a few times - I love the option of losing the roof on the old TS/GTS targa models and getting that open air driving experience while retaining the looks and feel of the hard top with the roof clamped in place. As well as a targa (2 actually - one red, one black) I have a foldable soft top which fits neatly on the parcel shelf so I don't need the seat slightly forward when storing the roof. I prefer the lines of the Modena but you lose the open top option which for me creates a dilemma. I know targa tops have gone out of fashion although the new Corvette obviously has one, but I do wish they had kept making them until the foldable hard tops came in.
Pete, Find a 360 with a removable sunroof. There are a few around.

Pete, Find a 360 with a removable sunroof. There are a few around.
Had never heard of those but just watched a vid and looked at a few pics. Nice option to have but I'm not sure how many were made in RHD as apparently only 12 LHD ones went to the US so guessing there aren't many about. I'm not sure it'd be quite the same as having the whole roof removed with the windows down which does feel a great deal like you're in a full convertible but I would like the option of doing it.

Back