What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

South West Ferrari Cars & Coffee - regular monthly event

Bluebottle

The first meeting this morning was a great success: 15 cars turned up and we had a wide variety of 6, 8 and 12 cylinder cars, coupes and spiders, naturally aspirated and turbocharged, from 1973 to 2017.

The photos I took can be found here https://photos.app.goo.gl/5tvofF58e2Via8UN8 and (assuming I have got the settings right!), if you were here today and took photos, you should be able to add yours, too - the more the merrier!

We plan to make this a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required. So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West: send them the link above, and encourage them to come along some time - this is not an FOC event and any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not. Thanks.

Date: Sunday 10th. June (and the second Sunday of the month thereafter)

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

John,

Again, many thanks for coming up with this and getting it in peoples diaries. Great to catch-up and a really good range of cars and interesting people. :thumbsup:

(Next time I'll have to stay longer, would have loved to have seen the white Testarrosa!)

Great pics as well, I'd add mine but they are rubbish in comparison!

Cheers
Adrian

Celebration of Italian Style

Next month's date - Sunday 8th. July - coincides with the end of a week of celebration of Italian Style at Haynes Museum, so this is an added incentive to come along. For further information, see http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events/celebration-italian-style

I shan't be there, I am afraid, as I shall still be on my way home from Maranello in the Dino, but I hope lots of you guys will turn up and have a good old natter with your fellow Ferrari owners. Maybe someone could post photos?

All the best,

John

In the diary, thanks for the reminder.

Enjoy Italy; looking forward to hearing about it and of course seeing the pics.

If your free, don’t forget the meet at Haynes tomorrow.

Good meet last month with a great variety of vintages/cars.

Hopefully some empty roads for the run down :grin:

If your free, don’t forget the meet at Haynes tomorrow.

Good meet last month with a great variety of vintages/cars.

Hopefully some empty roads for the run down :grin:
I'm planning to go next Sunday

Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry, wasn’t able to make it in the end as got home at 2 Sunday morning from Roger Waters gig in Birmingham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday 12th. August

It's that time again . . . If you are not going to be celebrating the "Glorious 12th." on your favourite grouse moor slaughtering the wildlife, then bring your Ferrari along to the Haynes Museum in Sparkford to share a cup of coffee or breakfast with some fellow owners.

We plan to make this a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required. So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West and encourage them to come along some time - this is not an FOC event and any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not. Thanks.

Date: Sunday 12th. August and the second Sunday of every month thereafter.

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Nest meetings

Poor weather was not conducive to a great turnout, but we did have 8 cars, all mid-engined.

We also had a very convivial breakfast (after re-arranging the furniture in the cafe!) and special thanks are due to Mark Tregenna of Carrs, for rustling up a few new participants from his customer list - hopefully they will have enjoyed the event despite the weather and will come again.

The next meetings are on:

Sunday 9th. September

Sunday 14th. October

For our October meeting, Haynes have kindly laid on a guided tour of the museum's Workshop and Restoration Centre, by Bradley Mauger, manager of the facility, which should be very interesting, so I hope you will put this date in your diary

Photos of the last meeting can be found at https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lpnye5dSDH9GCah87

Yes, I know there's a typo in the heading, but I don't seem to be able to edit it!

September meeting

The weather forecast looks a bit better this month, so hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Sadly I shall be unable to attend as I have a family commitment. Perhaps someone could post a few photos and do a headcount? Thanks.

Anyone thinking of going next Sunday? I am toying with the idea depending on whether the weather is OK. At the moment it looks a bit iffy so it will be a last minute decision. It's a 2 hour drive for me, but I have a friend nearby who I want to visit, but only if others are going and the weather is OK. Probably the last chance to have a fun run this year.

I intend to go, as the tour sounds good. Been a couple of times before and people tend to turn up from a bit before 0900 onwards.

Weather does look a bit iffy, but be one of the last events this year. I know the last wet one there were cars turning up as it’s also advertised on the local foc group so gets reasonable coverage.

I intend to go, as the tour sounds good. Been a couple of times before and people tend to turn up from a bit before 0900 onwards.

Weather does look a bit iffy, but be one of the last events this year. I know the last wet one there were cars turning up as it’s also advertised on the local foc group so gets reasonable coverage.

If you're going then that persuades me Adrian :) I'll post on Sat when I finally decide but looking positive!

Anyone thinking of going next Sunday? I am toying with the idea depending on whether the weather is OK. At the moment it looks a bit iffy so it will be a last minute decision. It's a 2 hour drive for me, but I have a friend nearby who I want to visit, but only if others are going and the weather is OK. Probably the last chance to have a fun run this year.

I shall be in St Lucia :dude:

I'm hoping to make an appearance, weather and the night before depending.:drunk:

According to the BBC weather site Sunday is supposed to be dry although the start will be damp. Obviously that will more than likely change.

Will probably be looking at arriving about 9:30 as don't want to leave before 08:00 and google tells me it takes hour and half from mine.