What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The Supercar Event 7th & 8th July 2018 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

mal

We are please to announce some very exciting news about next year's Supercar Event. It will be held on 7th and 8th July at Rockingham Motor Speedway.

. Ok, a bit further for some, but we'd outgrown track & rides capacity at Dunsfold and they will be developing the site for houses fairly soon. We have had great times there since 2009 but we need to move on.
Rockingham is a purpose built track with all the facilities already there. Closer parking, safer track, 10x better spectator viewing, decent shelter from the elements (for when Richards magic shirt fails), and gives us more fund-raising opportunities for The Children's Trust. Being right in the middle of the country also helps access for more people. Richard Malcolm, Mark plus The Children's Trust team look forward to seeing you in 2018, but a genuine and heartfelt "thank you" to everyone who's supported us already over the years.

We will need all the spectators, volunteers and drivers we can get so please spread the word and let us know if you want attend or help in any way. It would be good to get a CS static display of cars together for those that don't want to drive at the event

Mal

Hi Mal

Wish you best with the event. Shame it conflicts with the British F1 GP and the Le Mans Classic which is where I will be.

F

I will be there, and most likely in my i8 :thumbsup:

Do the pit garages have power points? (To charge my car, like Brands has.)

As a side question

Developing Dunsfold for houses. Does that mean the Top Gear test track will go or are they just reducing the space (which is from memory is quite big)?

Who's going then?

I've done the last 4 years, but the new location - and the need to wear a crash helmet - is making me reluctant this year. However, I do usually enjoy it and it's for a good cause so I'm still trying to decide...

Who's going then?

I've done the last 4 years, but the new location - and the need to wear a crash helmet - is making me reluctant this year. However, I do usually enjoy it and it's for a good cause so I'm still trying to decide...

Might well do. Heading north a bit (but still well inside the southern half of England :) ) might hit them slightly for numbers in the first year, not sure, but it’ll pick up after that I bet. Rockingham is very easy to get to for anyone north, south, east or west. The old venue made it quite a treck for anyone not down south.

Unfortunately I can't make it this Year as it clashes wit the British GP, first one I'll have missed :cry:

Not as convenient a location.........

I can see that may be the case for one small corner but even just talking England, the new location is hugely more convenient for the vast majority of the country. In fact, according to google maps it’s exactly the same time to get from the A1 M25 junction to Rockingham as it is to Dunsfold. When you look at the two locations on a map you can’t help seeing how inconvenient Dunsfold is for most of the country. Rockingham really isn’t that far north :)

11A2AC19-8409-418A-8B47-9A1AD51E63B2.jpeg

C2AD05E4-1690-4AB8-BDA5-17DD2688202A.jpeg

Just in case there was any disbelief that Rockingham is just as close to the north M25 as Dunfold in terms of time:

33EDF813-3460-45DC-BBA2-1C6FF2ADAE1B.jpg

1726A4D5-214F-41C8-BED7-4997FB34E320.jpg

I didn't mean it was not as convenient a location for the rest of the folks... just saying that for me it isnt - only 25 mins away from Dunsfold, that's all I was getting at.

In my view though, it is a bit of a shame that we couldnt find somewhere nearer to Dunsfold - as that is where it started as Dad's day out - but am sure it will be just as successful, if not more so, and whole heartedly support the guys with it.

The date clash with Silverstone F1 is the only reason i am not attending however.

I didn't mean it was not as convenient a location for the rest of the folks... just saying that for me it isnt - only 25 mins away from Dunsfold, that's all I was getting at.

In my view though, it is a bit of a shame that we couldnt find somewhere nearer to Dunsfold - as that is where it started as Dad's day out - but am sure it will be just as successful, if not more so, and whole heartedly support the guys with it.

The date clash with Silverstone F1 is the only reason i am not attending however.

:thumbsup:

I'll be supporting the SuperCar event again (in the 308)
Yes Rockingham is a lot further away but it not the other end of the world so happy to drive up and stay over to support