What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The Supercar Event 7th & 8th July 2018 - Rockingham Motor Speedway

I didn't mean it was not as convenient a location for the rest of the folks... just saying that for me it isnt - only 25 mins away from Dunsfold, that's all I was getting at.

In my view though, it is a bit of a shame that we couldnt find somewhere nearer to Dunsfold - as that is where it started as Dad's day out - but am sure it will be just as successful, if not more so, and whole heartedly support the guys with it.

The date clash with Silverstone F1 is the only reason i am not attending however.

The team searched long and hard for a suitable location closer to Dunsfold but we could not find anything suitable. We are committed to Rockingham now and we see a great future for the event. We will try and avoid clashes with the GP and Le Mans Classic (which I will be missing for the first time) in future. Hopefully the event will build into something bigger and better in the years to come.

Please come and try the event - if you are unsure about driving you can either just give it a go or just come down and see what it is all about.... if someone wants to coordinate a Club Scud static display, I am sure we can find a good space for the cars

Please come and try the event - if you are unsure about driving you can either just give it a go or just come down and see what it is all about.... if someone wants to coordinate a Club Scud static display, I am sure we can find a good space for the cars

Do you know how the response has been for the cars? I'm still debating, although I think it's more likely I'd come as a visitor and pay for a few rides than drive - however, if the move has meant less cars have confirmed than usual, then that would probably change my mind.

Having supported the event doing passenger rides for the last couple of years I would have been pleased to get involved again this year but unfortunately I am already committed to attending the GP down the road.
If anybody has not done this event previously and are wavering as to whether to get involved please make the effort to attend and support the team involved in this. It's a fantastic event, well organised and for a very worthwhile cause. Hopefully next year it can be organised so there is no clash.

Received Peter's update email this morning.

I'm delighted the track is the same configuration as run for BTCC. Will be a fantastic upgrade for driving compared to Dunsfold.

Received Peter's update email this morning.

I'm delighted the track is the same configuration as run for BTCC. Will be a fantastic upgrade for driving compared to Dunsfold.

I must admit, when I saw the track layout it did make me very tempted - it does look like fun. I really think my car could do with a year off this year though! Although I suppose if I only did one of the days.......

Ok, I'm going. Confirmed Saturday but I've booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday night so may do both days again. Will decide on the Saturday.

We are planning on promoting our event at the upcoming GTi international held on the 2/3rd June at Rockingham. We need some cars to be present to help alongside the girls from the Children's Trust.

If anyone fancies coming along for one or both days please let me know and I will get you all the details

Cheers

Mal

Sadly I have to miss it this year, as it clashes for me :cry: I will be on an i8 event in the Bavarian mountains :)

Thats a good question, doesn’t seem to get answered. It seems if we are not doing the driving we will have to park with everyone else?

Happy for you to organise something Si. As mentioned earlier I will be at Classic Le Mans that weekend.

It just needs someone to pick up the idea and organise it like Andy did for a couple of years working with the SuperCarEvent event team (and KenC and I did for the Bromley Pageant) - it won't happen on its own

Large Gazebo and bunting are available if needed (as I think are some flags)

PS I can't organise it as I'll be driving :grin:

It just needs someone to pick up the idea and organise it like Andy did for a couple of years working with the SuperCarEvent event team (and KenC and I did for the Bromley Pageant) - it won't happen on its own

Large Gazebo and bunting are available if needed (as I think are some flags)

PS I can't organise it as I'll be driving :grin:

That's right. If someone wants to take it on we will find a space.

Given that most supercars are fairly low - how do people manage to fit in them with helmets!

I used to ride bikes, so dug out my old bike helmet the other day - but I like to sit fairly upright and it didn't really fit. I could move the rear of the seat back slightly - but even then it's rubbing on the head lining which I'm not happy about.

I guess some helmets are thinner than others? I might see if I can find an open face that fits - but if not, this seems to be a bit of an issue. I don't really want to have to put the seat back in an unnatural position so I can fit in when driving around a track. :mad:

It’s another reason to spec the right seats.

Both my 430 and 599 would be a no go with my sparco lid with standard seats - I am 6’3”

So - preferential parking CAN be available if enough of you want it (not just one or two) and you are prepared to commit to being there pretty much all day. But it needs firm commitment in next couple of days if you want to arrange it.

Otherwise it's parking with the general public.

So sign up here asap if you are interested.

I have been in touch with Richard re. noise limits. He reported that Rockingham have registered the event as a noisy day, due to the F1 cars.

Go forth and make noise! :thumbsup::grin: