What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 make it the best

need some more details. you imply you are leaving the engine running when you are filling the tank? does the engine only cut out then?
Hi,

Not the engine is stopping, but the gas pump.

When I fill in the petrol, the pump stops, detecting the tank is already full (even when is almost empty). It looks the pressure inside the tank is going up, to it is being detected as full already. I was able to fill only ¾ with around 4 or 5 stops.

I read the petrol pump he's using cuts out while he's filling but could be wrong. My daily does this if you put the nozzle all the way in, for some reason need to be inserted into the filler fractionally less than all the way or the pump just keeps cutting out. Maybe give that a go first?
Try different orientation of the nozzle, does not work.

Hi,

Not the engine is stopping, but the gas pump.

When I fill in the petrol, the pump stops, detecting the tank is already full (even when is almost empty). It looks the pressure inside the tank is going up, to it is being detected as full already. I was able to fill only ¾ with around 4 or 5 stops.
perfectly normal; thats just to do with the dia and routing of the filler pipe.

perfectly normal; thats just to do with the dia and routing of the filler pipe.
It is strange for me, but maybe there is nothing to take care immediately.
Got to say mine doesn't, it fills fine with no stops at all.
That is I would like to work. Fighting to fill in the tak in your Ferrari, when everybody is watching and taking pictures are not the best option :D
depending on gas station, any other pumps in use, eg flow rate, all my cars can have this, including my dailies! guess its a southern thing!!!
The nozzle has 2 diameter, next time I will try to put in only the small diameter part. That should help to release the air from the tank.

depending on gas station, any other pumps in use, eg flow rate, all my cars can have this, including my dailies! guess its a southern thing!!!
Other pumps in use?!?!?! Must be a southern thing, not enough traffic out here for that - my local garage only has 1 petrol pump :D

I've just read the whole thread and I have to say I'm amazed at the level of your diy skills and attention to detail . The car's an absolute beauty, enjoy in good health! Piękne auto , powodzenia :)

I've just read the whole thread and I have to say I'm amazed at the level of your diy skills and attention to detail . The car's an absolute beauty, enjoy in good health! Piękne auto , powodzenia :)
Dziękuję :)
My dream is to be a car mechanic, so passion is driving me. Maybe the skillls are not the best, there is always a fear to go into serious mechanical job, but at the end the car is not so complicated :)

So...

As we agreed we can do a fair amount by ourselves, so please help :) Yesterday instead of windshield I was spaying my shoes with washing fluid :D Looks there is a hole or some connection issue with driver side windshield nozzle. Any guesses, any common failure?

Second issue is the termo sensor for engine oil. Does not work. I red the sensor is located in the oil tank, is that accessable from wheel arch? Do you know the resistance for the sensor?

not sure about first point

oil temp sensor is easily accessible from back right corner; accessible from the bottom, probably no need to even jack the car up.

Don't think the first is a common failure, never heard of it happening before. My guess is a pipe has simply come off the nozzle.

Up and down, like a rollercoaster.
Today morning drove to work without any problem. Then the car was parked in the sun (around 30C today). After 8hours of parking it starts quite ok, but idle little lower than usually (usually 1000rpm, today 800-900). The engine runs smooth, car drove, buy without full power.
When I stop in the trafić jam the check engine 1-4 pop up. When I start the check engine turned off, and the same several times (on while waiting, off when driving) up to turned on continuously even while driving. Then, suddenly while driving the check engine 5-8 pop up and the engine died.
Now everything the engine crank, but not starts.
Any idea where to start diagnostic?
Fuses and relays for ignition and fuel pump will be the first, that?
Fuel pressure, spark?IMG_3892.jpeg

I'd check the MAFs and Throttle Position Sensors first. Check the connections on all of them are good (bit of contact cleaner never hurts) and check you're getting the correct resistance across the MAFs.

Thats a bugger.

as it’s basically two independent systems, one per bank its odd that when you turn the engine over you dont get either bank coughing to life. points to a point of single failure.

1) fuses and relays for everything (dont forget the 30amp by the heater matrix; although i cant recall exactly what it does)
2) do fuel pumps run; you should be able hear when turning key
3) do you have an immobiliser?
4) if the above is all good the pop a plug on each bank and see if you get a spark and if fuel is getting to the plugs, wet plug.
5) check the crank case sensors, and wiring as that gets brittle with age snd sensors are a great source of trouble (cheap replacement from kia as bosch item)
6) check the main harness connector in the engine compartment, another source of potential trouble. should be left hand side.

see what that all turns up!

Thats a bugger.

as it’s basically two independent systems, one per bank its odd that when you turn the engine over you dont get either bank coughing to life. points to a point of single failure.

1) fuses and relays for everything (dont forget the 30amp by the heater matrix; although i cant recall exactly what it does)
2) do fuel pumps run; you should be able hear when turning key
3) do you have an immobiliser?
4) if the above is all good the pop a plug on each bank and see if you get a spark and if fuel is getting to the plugs, wet plug.
5) check the crank case sensors, and wiring as that gets brittle with age snd sensors are a great source of trouble (cheap replacement from kia as bosch item)
6) check the main harness connector in the engine compartment, another source of potential trouble. should be left hand side.

see what that all turns up!

It is strange for me as well. One bank should try to start.
1. what do you mean by:
dont forget the 30amp by the heater matrix
2. when I turn the key I cant hear the fuel pumps, but that was the case always (I'm quite sure). I think that fuel pumps get the power when start cracnking the engine. Strange, but will double check if there is power on the pumps when turn the key
3. No
4,5,6 need to check

up by the heater matrix, you have to take the front trunk lining out, are a few fuses and relays. there is a 30amp one that can cause trouble; but i cant recall if its solely for the heater/ fan or does something else! but its one that not many know about