What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferraris seen on the road

That makes me want to cry. A recent holiday to Naples (San Lazzaro) had me quaking just driving a Golf hire car up some of the Italian footpaths. They are roads but should only be footpaths.
This was the road we had to turn into to get to the apartment. There is no reference because I could not get out of the car to take a picture.
I lost count of the number of times I said "If we had brought the 360".
The reason why we research our hotels and parking in advance when taking the 360 anywhere! Many of Italy's most lovely places involve extremely narrow streets, the prospect of bumper car parking and 45 degree gradients. It pays to plan ahead :laugh:

The reason why we research our hotels and parking in advance when taking the 360 anywhere! Many of Italy's most lovely places involve extremely narrow streets, the prospect of bumper car parking and 45 degree gradients. It pays to plan ahead :laugh:

:laugh: I do recall once in Umbria near to Perugia the GPS suggesting I take the car down what to us were obviously [shallow] steps! Perhaps once a road????

Are stick on plates really illegal? I have standard plates but I was under the impression stick on were OK as long as the correct font, spacing, and 10mm border was maintained on a reflective backing.

Saying that, the number of mis-spaced chav plates around or even no front plate fitted makes me think the Police are too busy to bother!

Stick on is no problem as long as it has correct font and spacing. Always think a thing but the standard dealer fit plate looks too chav. Trying hard to make words up and adding bolts is just really reall sad to me. We all (legally insured and taxed types) benefit from ANPR so can't see why it's so difficult to comply. Law doesn't help as it's less trouble if you have no front number plate than an illegal one.

One way of stopping the missus going mad at the outlets I suppose, taking a car with a smallish boot [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Don’t get too hung up on ANPR cameras. Daughters boyfriend has no MOT and tax for pretty much 12 months and drove through at least 3 ANPR cameras on an almost daily basis and only got caught when they did local operation and got him parked on the road. There are loads of ANPR cameras everywhere but don’t look for tax or insurance dodgers. There to track criminals delivering their booty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t get too hung up on ANPR cameras. Daughters boyfriend has no MOT and tax for pretty much 12 months and drove through at least 3 ANPR cameras on an almost daily basis and only got caught when they did local operation and got him parked on the road. There are loads of ANPR cameras everywhere but don’t look for tax or insurance dodgers. There to track criminals delivering their booty.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's been done by kids on mountain bikes for years...

Out for a drive/walk in the Peak District and almost certain I saw a black Portofino coming the other way with the top down. Checked the pictures online particularly the rear and even more sure now.....if I’m wrong what else could it be? It definitely wasn’t a Cali T.

Are there any LHD cars with customers yet?

Last edited:
Out for a drive/walk in the Peak District and almost certain I saw a black Portofino coming the other way with the top down. Checked the pictures online particularly the rear and even more sure now.....if I’m wrong what else could it be? It definitely wasn’t a Cali T.

Are there any LHD cars with customers yet?

Maserati GT