What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

599GTB - Modificato Project

That's looking well Mod, Traffic Centre to boot! That's brave (shopping) in any car :laugh: Despite living barely 15-20 minutes from the Trafford centre I do not remember when I last went.

No shopping - never go there - my son drove me to that ice cream parlour that puts the occasional dash of coffee in its deserts (Starbucks)

Evolution 1 For the first attempt at the Mille Miglia Tribute - custom geometry, spring pre-load reduction, and ride height increased plus main cat(s) delete and custom drop links.

Evolution 3 GTO wheel set and Michelin rubber, New CCM discs and pads, XX program rear buttresses with winglets.

I'm looking to purchase a 599 and I would like make the same Geo changes that you have. Who made the custom drop links and who did the setup for your car?

Thanks

I'm looking to purchase a 599 and I would like make the same Geo changes that you have. Who made the custom drop links and who did the setup for your car?

Thanks

R & D of Eccles.

We ended up calling it a fast road set-up like people did in the old days.

They will sort you out

Another chapter

Well nothing much to report on except having been just 100% reliable and provided more and more enjoyment my 599 got dinged in a car park by a young driver.

The result is, it needs a new carbon fibre rear bumper [mine was upgraded to GTO spec some years ago].

These are a one piece hand laid carbon unit made by a supplier and amazingly the factory has more than one in stock.

Under their supervision it is being replaced along with a few little things.

A good thing is they remembered that the last time it was repaired (during the last run in the Mille Miglia) they had replaced the passenger side wing mirror that got dinged by oncoming traffic but (slightly annoyingly) it was a LHD one that was fitted.

I couldn't complain at the time as the guys from Maranello fitted it on the event at an overnight stop, colour matched etc.

Still nice of them to remember and supply the correct RHD mirror now and package it along with the new rear bumper...